Worst Remakes

Options
What is the worst song remake you have ever heard? The song that sparked this thread:

You Shook Me All Night Long by Big & Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r52IP4nYeuU

Feel free to add yours.

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I think Sheryl Crow should be beaten senseless for trying to remake Guns n' Roses "Sweet Child 'O Mine"
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Oh, and when I tried to google the Big & Rich thing...it came up that Celine Dion did a terrible remake of "You Shook me All Night Long" too.... I shudder!
  • PhilipByrne
    PhilipByrne Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Rolf Harris doing Stairway to Heaven. I know where I'd like to stick his digereedo.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I like Johnny Cash....but I absolutely HATED his remake of NIN's Hurt.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Madonna's American Pie cover was bad, in my opinion
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

Oh, I must disagree.........have you ever watched the video? That song really shook me - the emotion was so raw.
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    Rolf Harris doing Stairway to Heaven. I know where I'd like to stick his digereedo.

I googled worst remakes and found a list showing Dolly Parton also did a Stairway cover. It was #3 of the guy's worst 100.
  • wolverine66
    Options

I know there are a lot of people who love this cover...and many who prefer it over the original.

I am not one of those people either.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Apparently Miley Cirus did a "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana) remake too :angry:
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Rascal Flatts redid "Life is a Highway" - to me, if you are going to cover a song, make it your own. Here they pretty much mimicked the original.
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    Aww, the poor Brady Bunch Kids are making some internet lists for remaking American Pie.

Have to blame Marcia. She was probably out of tune. :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options
    Aww, the poor Brady Bunch Kids are making some internet lists for remaking American Pie.

Have to blame Marcia. She was probably out of tune. :laugh:
    Are you sure wasn't Peter's puberty voice that ruined it?
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    Apparently Miley Cirus did a "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana) remake too :angry:

OMG, Paul Anka also did a remake of that song. :noway:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Options

OMG, Paul Anka also did a remake of that song. :noway:
    Let's start a petition to bring back public flogging.....I think its applicable!
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    Uggh. I don't want to chance listening to this one.

William Shatner - "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    OMG, William Shatner's Bohemian Rhapsody is way up there on my list. That man should not even attempt to sing! He's a horrible actor and an even worse singer.

Metallica's Turn the Page didn't do it for me either, even though I like Metallica in general.
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    OMG, I just got an idea for a reality show. I don't know if I should post it, or call a producer and pitch it to them.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    On the subject of remakes....I wanted to slap Johnny Depp in the face repeatedly when I saw his version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.