Just found this site and want to get started with new group?

Options
I just found this site and think it's great way to watch food intake and get support with groups but it seems like most of them have been going for a while. Anyone new out there that wants to start from Week One? I know it's close to the holidays but if I don't keep watch I'll have gained ten pounds by Jan. 1st.

Replies

• OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hello there and welcome :flowerforyou:
    I felt the same when I first joined...that most of the groups have been going for a while.
    I'd love to join you in your quest!
  • patricia184
    patricia184 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That would be great! I'd love some input and encouragement.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello. I joined the site back in September but I really just became faithful about a week ago. Now I live by MFP. It makes it very easy for me to make the right decisions!
  • mestisa77
    Options
    I would love to join too...I need a support group
  • OneMission
    Options
    Patricia184...here we go :drinker:
    Pollart77...I agree completely :happy:
    Mestisa77...welcome :flowerforyou:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and don't feel to bad about being new. We all understand the struggle.
  • OneMission
    Options
    I know it's close to the holidays but if I don't keep watch I'll have gained ten pounds by Jan. 1st.

The best time to start!!!
  • mestisa77
    Options
    So where are we gonna start the group at? will it be here on this post.
    By the way, I'm Andrea,Just had a baby last year, and decided finally to start exercising and eating right around Aug. I have been using MFP since then, but at times need that push and motivation, to help me along the way. I look forward to getting know you all.
  • lgfeilmeier
    Options
    I"m very new....just started last week and am looking for other focused people!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • patricia184
    Options
    I'm not sure how to create a group. Is this it, and we come to this site? I found it today by typing my name, Patricia184 because I didn't even know where to go find it.
    Sorry I'm so new and computer illiterate.

Yesterday was a good day for me because of this plan and knowing I had to write down what I ate, and it's sooo easy.
  • patricia184
    Options
    "Focused people" is the right phrase because dedication seems to come in cycles and right now I'm ready! ready! to start my new life and this plan will work. I've been doing a Weight Challenge for the past year so that I'd have to weigh in weekly but I gained back ten of the 20 pounds I lost when I stopped going. Frustrating that it came back on sooo easily and of sooo hard!
  • OneMission
    Options
    I'm not sure how to create a group. Is this it, and we come to this site? I found it today by typing my name, Patricia184 because I didn't even know where to go find it.
    Sorry I'm so new and computer illiterate.

Yesterday was a good day for me because of this plan and knowing I had to write down what I ate, and it's sooo easy.

To find posts that you have created/commented on just go to 'COMMUNITY' at the top of your page and then click on 'MY TOPICS'. From there you'll be able to pick out which one you want :) Hope I was of some help!
  • OneMission
    Options
    Okay, so I'm being a temporary nerd...:blushing: ...we could call ourselves:
    The F.O.C.U.S.E.D. Group
    Finding
    Our way,
    Collectively, to
    Unbelievable
    Success that
    Each of us
    Desires (and deserves)!

What can I say, I teach 4-year-olds :happy:

I hope everyone is having a great (successful) day!!!
    Teresa
  • mestisa77
    Options
    That sounds great!!
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat., I joined a couple of days ago. This site looks like it will be very beneficial! I'm also hoping to find a group to help me out as well. Anyone in?? Should be fun!
  • OneMission
    Options
    I'm in the same boat., I joined a couple of days ago. This site looks like it will be very beneficial! I'm also hoping to find a group to help me out as well. Anyone in?? Should be fun!

Hello & welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:

Feel free to join our brand new group "The F.O.C.U.S.E.D. Group" :glasses:

What have you found that you like the most about this site?

Good luck with your goals...we're here for ya!!!

:happy: It is so much easier to keep going when you have people who believe in you :happy:
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    I'd love to be part of a group. I joined recently and always find I have an easier time sticking to a plan if there's other people to talk about it with.
  • OneMission
    Options
    I'd love to be part of a group. I joined recently and always find I have an easier time sticking to a plan if there's other people to talk about it with.

We'd love for you to join us...WELCOME :flowerforyou:
  • jennlabori
    Options
    i'll like to be part of the grorp as well. i join in today willing on doing what it takes