Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
Faux Mashed Potatoes

45 calories per serving vs. 1-cup mashed potatoes, 230+ calories
4 cups cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp half &half
1 tbsp butter
Salt (optional) and pepper to taste

Steam or microwave cauliflower until soft. Add sour cream, butter, half & half, and salt & pepper. Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth. Garnish with bacon bits, cheese & chives, if desired.

Replies

• kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    This actually sounds good....thanks for posting!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    It does sound yummy! So when are you making them for us to sample? :wink:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I made mashed cauliflower the other night. It was really good! It had almost the same taste and consistency as real mashed potatoes, only I was full after 1 serving, and ended up putting my dinner away. I was so stuffed!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing this I want to try it soon, but I didn't get a chance to catch the recipe because I was at work, and just saw part of the show.
  • These are fabulous, definately give them a try! My mom used to make them years ago when she tried the South Beach diet, and we fell in love. I think we even started to prefer them over real mashed potatoes!!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    I make these too, but instead of the sour cream, butter, and half and half I use reduced fat cream cheese.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Thanks for the post, will have to try, maybe leave out the sour cream and add fat free cheddar cheese. Going to try both. Thanks for the idea :tongue: