Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
Faux Mashed Potatoes

45 calories per serving vs. 1-cup mashed potatoes, 230+ calories
4 cups cauliflower (fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp half &half
1 tbsp butter
Salt (optional) and pepper to taste

Steam or microwave cauliflower until soft. Add sour cream, butter, half & half, and salt & pepper. Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth. Garnish with bacon bits, cheese & chives, if desired.

Replies

• kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Options
    This actually sounds good....thanks for posting!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    It does sound yummy! So when are you making them for us to sample? :wink:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I made mashed cauliflower the other night. It was really good! It had almost the same taste and consistency as real mashed potatoes, only I was full after 1 serving, and ended up putting my dinner away. I was so stuffed!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for sharing this I want to try it soon, but I didn't get a chance to catch the recipe because I was at work, and just saw part of the show.
  • laura32985
    Options
    These are fabulous, definately give them a try! My mom used to make them years ago when she tried the South Beach diet, and we fell in love. I think we even started to prefer them over real mashed potatoes!!
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I make these too, but instead of the sour cream, butter, and half and half I use reduced fat cream cheese.
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, will have to try, maybe leave out the sour cream and add fat free cheddar cheese. Going to try both. Thanks for the idea :tongue: