June Move Your @ss Challenge...

Options

Replies

• speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Well, after making the promise to Jonny that I would "virtually" run those 12 miles with me, I must admit that I NEVER thought it would be possible for me to do so!!! :noway: But I did!!! :smokin: Can hardly believe it!! :blushing:

Thanks to you my friend for offering me the chance to surpass myself like that! :flowerforyou:

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    9 miles today: a 4-mile run (on the treadmill--my way of not dealing with the heat and humidity), and walked the dog 5 miles.

exercise.png

You definitely destroyed your goal Coni!!!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5XTAWc193oJeNeXtOXiBDBgt59iASQiNEjcZmUPDKNSxoZyLG
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    here you gooooooooooooooo, July's challenge thread.....
    wooohoooooo - this is the 21st challenge....can i get a whoop whoop....nice work tracking our A$$E$ Dino....thanks for all you do....now keep moving folks....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/651222-july-move-your-a-challenge
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm still here... gonna make my goal today. Woo- hoo bring July!

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png

raining here all the time. but getting there.
    updated.
    Two 5 mile runs done this month. Thanks to this challenge.
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Feeling a bit bleurgh today after a miserable week at work, so walked home on a very indirect route to try and clear my head.

Clocked up another 2.42 miles in the process and feeling much better now :)

Ticker update

exercise.png
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    3 mile walk

exercise.png
    [/url]
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    2.63 in a short session this morning on the cycle and elliptical.

104.472 miles down and 29.472 over my June goal.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    6/27 - 8.28
    6/28 - 2.36

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    1.76 miles at lunchtime walking to get sandwich and then chillaxin on the seawall.....

88.06/85 complete
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Think this will be my last update for the month, the miles have gotten small towards the end, only 4 today.

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    bfd8896b5e1cb30.gif
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Jeff galloway has a great program...from his site...http://www.jeffgalloway.com/

"Jeff's quest for the injury-free marathon training program led him to develop group training programs in 1978, and to author Runner's World articles which have been used by hundreds of thousands of runners of all abilities. His training schedules have inspired the second wave of marathoners who follow the Galloway RUN-WALK-RUN™, low mileage, three-day, suggestions to an over 98% success rate.

Jeff has worked with over 200,000 average people in training for specific goals and is the inventor of the Galloway RUN-WALK-RUN™ method. Jeff is an inspirational speaker to over 200 running and fitness sessions each year.

His innovative ideas have opened up the possibility of running and completing a marathon to almost everyone. Philosophically, Jeff believes that we were all designed to run and walk, and he keeps finding ways to bring more people into the positive world of exercise...">>>>

This is exactly what i plan on doing if i ever decide to do more running than 5k. :flowerforyou: I started at intervals and could go way farther than i do now. But my knees seem to react badly to any distance on foot. For the moment I'm intent on trying to improve on different surfaces and hills. Both i have had little success with to date. And i want to go faster-I'm so slow!!! If I get those a bit better...then back to distance. :bigsmile:

:heart: Trying:heart:
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    jonnyb62 wrote:
    Another 12 mile run for me this morning - almost there!
    It has been so amazing watching you amass this incredible amount of miles after coming back from vacation. What an accomplishment. Congratulations, Jonny! It is so clear you will make this goal. :drinker:

Jonny is awesome!! (but I'm not telling you anything new)
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Yahoo!!! And that is goal for me! :drinker: Congrats to all who moved their @ss this month. Looking forward to seeing you in the July challenge.

exercise.png
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Walked the crazy dog 4.9 miles today.

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    Options
    0.62 more walking to and from bank before i left the office...
    88.68/85 complete...
    might have few tomorrow if i get to hiit after lifting weights at the YMCA....

night friends...great work this month...
    denise
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    30 June 8.17kms
    MTD 223.06kms

Ticker Updated

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    fe69104fa975c0d.gif
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm back. Managed some walking around airports :happy:
    Just updated the sheet with 5 pages of posts. We've clocked 6,056 miles so far. There's a bunch of like a dozen people who can still reach their goals and join the 21 who've already made it. Great work everyone :drinker: :drinker:
  • renbenning
    renbenning Posts: 16
    Options
    4 miles today, so a little short on the goal but I thanks for this challenge because it helped me decide to start working on another challenge I wanted to do (half marathon)!

Congrats to all that made or passed their goals!!

Hope to see you all in a July move your @ss challenge!! :)
  • tkopps
    tkopps Posts: 341
    Options

exercise.png

Forgot to add the hike last SUnday for 4.84 in 35 C and then today a nice walk with Cookie for 4.25.