looking for a colon cleanse! what product do you use???

Options
Im looking for a colon cleanse I tried an Acai Berry 14 day cleanse but dont feel it did much.
What do yall recommended?

Replies

• Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't really think you need a colon cleanse. From my personal experience I had to fast before a surgery for 36 hours just drinking clear liquids and my colons were cleaned up like never before:) Then just eat sensibly and that's it. Or, if you really want, I think they sells all kinds of laxatives. There are contradicting views on colon cleansing, some say guts are loaded with toxins, others say no, it is a myth.
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    fresh beet juices, pineapple juice and any type of fresh green smoothies! Thats what i use if i start having colon troubles !
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    10lbs of prunes.....................................................................................don't try it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I try to eat right and it all comes out in the end. :happy:

Seriously, if you aren't sick or injured, and you eat moderately healthy, you don't need a cleanse. Your body has lots of mechanisms that do it all for you.
  • kathyfoxgolf
    Options
    I've done the Forever Living Products detox called Clean 9......it certainly gave me a colon cleanse for sure! Lots of aloe vera to drink (though I usually drink some everyday anyway)......lost 6.2 lbs and felt amazing.....after the first 3 days (felt like poo then!!!). Going to do it again soon...
  • histora
    Options
    Has anyone ever broke down their "weight loss" to find a difference in body fat percentage?

I'm interested in whether this is water loss or more than that.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Water and good wholesome food. Keep it up for a week and your colon will be as healthy and clean as it ever will be. Keep it up forever to keep your colon clean forever.

If you're looking for a cleanse as in a special product that cleans EVERYTHING out of your colon at one time, please understand that:

1. The instant the cleanse is over you will start eating food again, and the very first meal will put stuff back in your colon again.
    2. There is no scientifically-proven benefit to emptying your colon completely at any specific time, not that such a thing is really possible anyway.
    3. Your colon and digestive tract are delicate ecosystems of beneficial and harmful bacteria and other life forms. Cleanses can throw this balance off really badly.
    4. If after all that you still want to try it, get a seat belt for your toilet. You'll need one.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Try the salt water flush. It is a simple to make easy peasy way to flush out your intestines. Just seriously. DONT leave the house for a good couple hours or more. Look up 'salt water flush' to read more about it.

2 teaspoons of salt (or more depending on how much meat and dairy you eat) in 32 ounces or more of lukewarm water. Drink as much water as you can it helps. You may feel nauseous, but in my opinion it is worth it.

*****Make sure you use real sea salt !!

Good luck :)
  • histora
    Options
    You could have a colonoscopy done...I hear the stuff they give you can really empty a person out, and you'll have the bonus of making sure you got everything via video confirmation.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    can we ask why?
    is this in prep for a pricedure or simply to feel less bloated and lighter?
    for the less bloated and lighter, a detox tea will be good. just one cup (steeped over night) and five hours later your on empty.
    i drink it once in awhile after a rash a bad eating or a wild weekend. as PP said your body shpuld be able to cleanse itsef but sometimes you wan to kick that bloated feeling and this will help

3 balerina dietrs tea you can buy in your local oriental/ asian food market or on amazon
    green box with a balerina
  • emilylacey1010
    Options
    Wow lots to read about. Thanks everyone
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Water and good wholesome food. Keep it up for a week and your colon will be as healthy and clean as it ever will be. Keep it up forever to keep your colon clean forever.

If you're looking for a cleanse as in a special product that cleans EVERYTHING out of your colon at one time, please understand that:

1. The instant the cleanse is over you will start eating food again, and the very first meal will put stuff back in your colon again.
    2. There is no scientifically-proven benefit to emptying your colon completely at any specific time, not that such a thing is really possible anyway.
    3. Your colon and digestive tract are delicate ecosystems of beneficial and harmful bacteria and other life forms. Cleanses can throw this balance off really badly.
    4. If after all that you still want to try it, get a seat belt for your toilet. You'll need one.

^^ This!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    2 teaspoons of salt (or more depending on how much meat and dairy you eat) in 32 ounces or more of lukewarm water. Drink as much water as you can it helps. You may feel nauseous, but in my opinion it is worth it.

Wait. 5,000mg of sodium at one time? :noway: "Or more" :noway: :noway: :noway:

Talk to your doctor before undergoing something like this. You want medical advice as to why this is really, really bad for you. Not some random schmoe like me on a forum with no letters after my name.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

^^ This!

Double THIS^

#3 !!!!! Have you ever meet someone who's screwed up the digestive system? This takes MONTHS & months to remedy. Be very careful.