calories burned using BMF or HRM ?

jgkoutr
jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
anybody have both and see a difference in the numbers. My BMF does not seem to record as high of a number...in fact it seems the harder I work out the lower the calories I burn....for instance...zumba shows 500 cals....plyo (p90x) shows 400...and a high intensity (insanity style) only showed 300...

for the $ I paid for this BMF you would think it could be more accurate when I exercise.

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I have both a HRM and BMF.

The BMF just isn't accurate for exercise calories, IMO. It said I burned 124 on an exercise that my HRM said I burned about 360. I have always gone with my HRM and it seems to be accurate.

I do enjoy my BMF though, as I've learned my TDEE is ~2100 and not the 1720 MFP says it is... I can eat so much more food! I've had it for three weeks, and so I think its pretty accurate in that regard.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Get a Garmin Edge 500..........trust me.
  • KCMinn
    KCMinn Posts: 20
    I have both a HRM and BMF.

The BMF just isn't accurate for exercise calories, IMO. It said I burned 124 on an exercise that my HRM said I burned about 360. I have always gone with my HRM and it seems to be accurate.

I do enjoy my BMF though, as I've learned my TDEE is ~2100 and not the 1720 MFP says it is... I can eat so much more food! I've had it for three weeks, and so I think its pretty accurate in that regard.

Agree with this! I have both an HRM and BMF as well. The BMF is great for your everyday, regular activity. It does not track well for me when I am really exercising though.

The HRM on the other hand isn't supposed to be worn all day for regular activity, but when I use it to track my HR during exercise, it's awesome! Seems pretty accurate!

So, i use both. Both expensive items. It's a shame one of them can do it all! :)
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    thats what I was thinking...for the $ we pay it should do both...to pedal pusher Why the garmin edge 500???