How much did you lose B4 You needed new clothing

Options

Replies

• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Halfway to goal I really needed new clothes badly. Before that they were tolerable. It seems every 10-12 lbs I needed a size down though.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    40 lbs for me as well and that was also the time that people started to notice the weight loss. Guess smaller clothes did the trick.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I'm down 34 and I need to get some new clothes! :smile:
  • clotho
    clotho Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my stomach so pretty quick for me as my stomach has shrunk a lot. At about 15 lbs the first time I needed new pants. And I am needing new pants again at a total of 22lbs lost because I have been doing weights too and lost a couple more inches around the waist. Shirts- some are too big but most are fine still especially summer ones. Based on past weight loss I will need new shirts in about 20 lbs more.
  • Lynnezertorte
    Options
    I find that I go down one size for every 20 pounds I lose.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Most of my weight is in my gut. I've tightened my belt by one notch and my pants are starting to fold. So for me it appears about 18 or so lbs.
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on the size you are to start and how tall you are. I know that at 8--10lbs. I have to change sizes, I'm only 5'2"
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    thats right....didn't think of height..
  • SaraHaxton1
    Options
    About 40.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    @Brandi my hero:)

You're so sweet.

Let me add this, NOW about a good 5-10 pounds and my clothes are too big. But when I started it took awhile.
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know when my weight stops going up. x
  • SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    At about 45 pounds I found I had to stop wearing some clothes that were too big. I have not bought anything yet but at 65 I'm "rediscovering" clothes I haven't worn in a while.

If I keep losing at the same rate I'll have to buy some pants next month.
  • MILF_in_progress
    Options
    The first 20 dropped me down from a 15 to a 13. At 35 down I went straight to a snug 9. Im almost at my 50 mark and I need a 7. 15lbs til goal and ill probably be in a 3/5. I should add that it wasnt until a 35/40lb loss that you could even tell I lost anything.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I have lost 50 pounds and won't go shopping till i hit my goal or ultimate goal weight. I am still not super happy with my body, so i still wear baggy shirts....i wear sexy dresses once in a while.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 lbs, and have not needed to buy new clothing.
    Everything that I have still fits; I just look better in it!
    :wink:
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It was 20 lbs for me but i just buy a few pieces at a time and i get them all off the clearance rack so i dont end up spending tons of money for clothes that might be too big for me eventually
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For me, it was about 20-25. I have only gone down one whole size (but truth be told, I was a size 22, and it was TIGHT, so I guess I should've been a 24). Now, I am in a 20, comfortably - not sucking my stomach in, not gasping for breath because pants are too tight. I have gone down TWO sizes on top - but I always lose in my face first, then my chest, bust area. My stomach, hips are the slowest to shrink.
  • chatterboxpa
    chatterboxpa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I needed a smaller size after about 30-35 pounds but it seemed like I was almost instantly finding those "new" ones WAY too loose!! I haven't really had to buy anything either as I have a wide range of sizes to refill the closet with as I shrink! :-)
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    need new clothes since I dropped 41lbs but am just tightening the belts and buying "cheaper" interim clothes until I get to the size I want - THEN I'll splash out on a new wardrobe. I had to MAKE a notch on my belt today as I have got to the good end of my belt :D
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    The odd thing for me is my shirt sizes have gone down 2X to a medium... but my pant size lost only two sizes. I think at around 30 pounds I couldnt walk around with baggy shirts anymore and was forced to finally buy some shirts that fit. I gotten away with only buying 2 new pairs of pants so far :) hoping this changes real soon!