The 3 plate a day diet

Options
What do you all think of a 3 plate a day diet? I am trying this and can't see how it wouldn't work. Their is no counting calories, measuring and is flexible. Even at a restaurant you just aim for the smallest lunch/dinner possible. The way I see it if I couldn't stay with it then I would basically be fat forever and just accept it or get surgery. Everything is about discipline this is what weight loss is all about.

Replies

• Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    What exactly is it?
  • kodakdigitalcamera
    Options
    I am only allowed 3 plates a day of basically whatever I want. Ideally though about a third should be protein and the rest a combination of grains/fruits/ non starchy vegetables. But when times aren't practical I just have whatever I want for the most part.
  • betyoudidntexpecthat
    Options
    I guess it'd be ideal for some people; but I still recommend eating 5 small meals a day because it boosts your metabolism(:
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i dont know if i exactly understand it all the way, but now that i'm eating healthy foods, i get hungrier more often so i like to snack in between meals to keep the ravenous hunger away.
  • Nikiki
    Options
    That sounds... Incomplete? Are there sample meal or anything? Seems like you could continue to make bad choices and either over or undereat with that much freedom.

I guess if you're disciplined in what you eat it will work but it sounds like its just "eat 3 healthy meals a day".

I'm a snacker, I have wonky blood sugar and do best by eating 5-6 times a day to feel good so that tends to skew my opinion of things. Give it a try, track your calories on here as a backup (especially with the "pick the smallest item on the menu" eating out guideline because restaurant food can be very deceptive!).
  • Nikiki
    Options
    i dont know if i exactly understand it all the way, but now that i'm eating healthy foods, i get hungrier more often so i like to snack in between meals to keep the ravenous hunger away.

Make sure you're eating enough food if you're really hungry like that! When I have a few really hungry days I know it's time to up my calories and/or rethink my macros. Increase your protein and fiber and be sure you're eating healthy fats to keep the hungries at bay!