5'2 and still losing weight what is a good weight to be at?

Options
I am at 145lbs right now but i dont know a good weight to be at. I came from 175 lbs at the beginning of the year and still losing everyday. I dont know when i should stop or what a good weight is. I believe since i last checked i am 5'2-5'3

Replies

• carrie31023
    carrie31023 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and I weigh 124. I am still losing too. They recommend that I should weigh between 115 and 120. I hope this gives you a little insight.
  • melissafranks90
    Options
    thankyou. :D
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It depends on your frame size. I am 5 foot 3, and the BMI chart recomends that I should weigh anywhere from 115-140. I have a larger frame, so I am shooting for 130-135.
  • Nazbillings
    Options
    I am also 5'2 and going for 130lbs, will go from there depending how i feel
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I agree that it depends on your frame size. I'm only 5' tall but aiming for about 122 as my goal weight because I have a broad/heavy/muscular frame; you can tell just by looking, but when I do the various measurements (for example, my wrist measurement is over six inches) it supports that as well. So while many people my height could get down to 100 pounds or so without issue, I used to fit into a size 2-4 at 125, so it is widely variable.

This is one of those things where you want to examine your goals and look at things other than weight. Do you want to perform certain activities that require a particular size or fitness level? Do you want to wear certain kinds of clothes? Do you want to have a certain body fat percentage?

I would also suggest giving yourself a target range rather than a target number. For example, I said that I'm aiming for 122, but that's just a nice round number for me (80 pounds from the start). I'll be happy if it's within a certain range of that number though and won't go crazy trying to hit it.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

You can calculate your frame size on this page and see where you fit on the chart.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2, and I started out at 142 pounds, that i gained after having kids. now, since doing this site i've lost 20 pounds. so currently i'm 122 pounds. i think 120 lbs is a good weight for a woman who is 5 foot 2. but i still am aiming to lose another 10 pounds. i would ideally like to be any where from 110-115 lbs.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I started at 252 and 5'2... so I'm thrilled to weigh 134, but would love to be around 130.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Melissa, You are doing great. I don't think anyone can tell you your ideal weight. I think it is when you feel really content with where you are.
    Best of luck!!!

Basil
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I got down to 103lbs because of my cursed/blessed metabolism. I say don't go less than 115lbs.
  • cjeane
    cjeane Posts: 15
    Options
    I too am 5'2. I choose 130, because the only times I have been under 125 was during "bad " times in my life (ie divorce) and I was 120 when I graduated high school, and figured those number would be to difficult to maintain at this point in my life.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i weigh 145, am 5 ft 4-5 and wear a size 2/4. if i lost ten pounds id be anorexic looking. im muscular so does depend on your shape/frame. like it was said, it depends on a lot of factors. great luck.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 with a large frame and think I look pretty good right now at around 126 - I'm still aiming to lose another 5-10 because I think I'll like myself even more at that weight.
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    For 5' the recommended weight is 100lbs, then for every inch you add 5lbs. For each weight, to account for the different frames, you are supposed to add and subtract 10lbs to be in the healthy weight range. so for 5'1" 90-110lbs is technically a healthy weight, for 5'2" the technical healthy weight range is 100-120lbs and for 5'3" is 105-125lbs. It has always seemed low to be b/c I am 5'1" and think that even the high weight of 115lbs would be a little too low for me, but that is what I was taught in school.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and around 125 lbs. I'm still quite thick. I wish I could down to 115 lbs, but I lift and bike so much that I'm pretty dense. Not sure I'll ever see below 120 lbs.

Being so short, it is healthy for you to be down to 101.

You will just have to reassess your goals as you lose weight. Are you happy? If not, nothing wrong with working hard for a little more weight loss. Just don't go extreme, and I wouldn't recommend 100 lbs anyway. 110 would be nice.