148 to 130--workout/nutrition tips

Options
If so, what do you guys eat and how much do you workout?

I am looking for people around my same weight loss goals.

Thanks for the input!

:smile:

Replies

• msclassic
    msclassic Posts: 2
    Options
    I know this is late but this is also my goal. How have you lost so far?
  • arw4
    arw4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal as well. Mine is 146 to 135. I'd love to get down under 135 but I'd be okay if I didn't.

I usually workout 300-500 calories a day. I haven't been eating them back but I'm going to try it and see what happens. I usually try to eat as many fruits and vegtables as I can! And usually I have at least one serving of meat per day. I'll open up my diary so you can look.
  • sandyyy712
    sandyyy712 Posts: 94
    Options
    I went from about 140 to 120 and a lot of it was running. I ran every single day and ran a lot...it really does make a difference. But you need to run to the point where you're sweating and tired and don't think you can go 5 more minutes...that's when you know you're doing good
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My goal is around there. I'm thinking 140 ish...
    I try to burn at least 300 calories a day, and I work out 5-6 days a week.
    I eat whatever I feel like...Which ends up being whatever I'll get the fullest off of for the least amount or calories...
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Recently went from 148 to 135. Just increased calories to maintence, but was set at .5lbs per week and ate back most of my exercise calories, generally eating around 1800, somewhat less if a light exercise day. Diary is open.
    As for exercise, I do three days per week strength training - one day with a trainer, the other two days on my own but with a program he wrote for me. I also do one day per week speedwork on the treadmill and plyometric drills. The rest of my cardio varies depending on the time of year. Spring/summer I train for triathlon, fall/winter I had been training for half marathons. Generally I play soccer 1-2 days per week, spin/class bike once or more per week, then either running, biking, or swimming depending on where I am in my training schedule. I rarely have rest days, but I do try to balance my workouts so that I'm not overdoing the same muscle groups and I do have lighter training days (sort of an active recovery). Usually works out to 5-6 days of cardio for 30-60 minutes and 3 days of strength training per week.
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I started at 140, am currently 129 and looking to get to 122. I'm 5'4'

I've been vegetarian my whole life. I eat 1700 calories a day of healthy things - cheese, fruit, greek yogurt, legumes, beans, rice, cereals, and what ever I feel like for dinner.
    I eat the same breakfast lunch and snacks almost everyday. It's monotonous but I choose things I really like and that way I'm eating healthy 75% of my day in case we go to HH or an unplanned dinner out.

I eat every 1-1.5 hours all day long. cereal when I wake up, blueberries an hour later, coffee and hour later, carrots an hour after that and then lunch the next hour. Four lunch I have a homemade legume and bean chili with salsa and sour cream almost everyday. After lunch I go about 1.5 hours before snacking but I have almonds around 2pm, cheese around 3pm, tea around 4 pm. Dinner around 5:30 or 6 what ever I feel like. Protein after I work out (yogurt, plant protein or whey). Day is done!

It's worked great so far and it's what had helped me break into the 120s with out having to give up anything. I can't say that I've cut a single out completely. I usually have 2 days a week where I'm eating 2500-3000 calories and I haven't felt a negative effect from that yet so I'm going to keep at it. When I first started MFP I was on 1200 calories but I was just too hungry and cranky to keep it up. So I bumped my way up to 1700 slowly and after I get to my goal I'll probably keep bumping up to find my threshold. Happy losing!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It's entirely about your TDEE, or total daily energy expenditure... and how many calories you consume. That's it. You can use workouts to increase your TDEE... or you can just cut back calories. Doesn't really matter, but a combination of both is best, if you want to be healthy as well.

Some people will say eat "clean"... other will eat whatever they want. I personally try to include veggies and balance my macros (protein, fat, carbs) and get adequate water.

And for me, weight lifting along with light to moderate cardio has been the best training. I went from around 150 down to 128 lbs. I'm 5'7" and in the lower 20's body fat % (not sure exactly).

Good luck!