New Moon :)

Options

Replies

• aabelein
    aabelein Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm glad someone posted this - I was actually about to! I'm so excited, and I can't wait. I've read the first book twice and now I'm reading the second book again...I'll definitely be done with it before the movie comes out. I can't wait to see the movie on Saturday...I'm going home just to see it with my best friend!

I feel like I have a much better understanding and stronger feelings towards Jacob the second time around. I'm definitely Team Edward, but I feel for Jacob more now. Anyone else get that feeling? Also, who can resist Taylor Lautner? (I feel so sick saying that...I'm 22 and he's only 17)

Anyways, I'm stoked. I'm such a dork. I was so sad the first time I finished Breaking Dawn, but eventually got over it. Now I'm all wrapped up again and always have Twilight on the mind :)
    hahaha i know how you feel!! everytime i say that taylor launter is hot, afterwards i call myself a perv! hahaha. but i cant help the fact that its true and he is gorgeous! lol:laugh:
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Team Jacob!

p.s,. Taylor and Taylor make a cute couple !!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    so...I havent seen it, but for those of you who have....how was it?
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let y'all know I saw it last night. Waited two hours on the floor of the theatre and then they took pity on us and let us sit in the theatre for the last hour of the wait.
    It was 10,000 times better than twilight (less corny)! There were a couple of scene's that were a bit - silly and some that were hilarious. I can honestly say that I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    The part that made me laugh the most was the cougars sitting next to me hooting everytime someone would take their shirt off. All I kept thinking was they were perverted LOL It was like going to watch male strippers!!! They were louder than the teens in the audience. hahahahaha
    I won't wreck it for anyone but it was pretty true to the book.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yeah I really want to know. I heard the reviews and some weren't so good but a friend of mine said it was Awesome!!!
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    The reviews are all over the map...but I would say to consider the source. I'm so looking forward to it, but really, it is what it is...corny entertainment. If the reviewer gives 5 stars to your typical art film, then I guarantee they are going to hate it!

Those reviewers and fans that have considered it in the context of the genre seem to all love it so far!!!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I just got back from seeing it!!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:

Honeslty, it was so much better that Twilight. The acting was a complete turn around. The special effects were really great, even the editing was better. I feel like it was really in context with the book. Obvioulsy there were some diffrences, there has to be when it goes from book to film. This director did a fantastic job, I think it was a great comeback! It wasn't noticable difrences, it flowed very nicely.

And yes, I screamed like a teenaged girl!!:blushing:
  • InnerCutie
    Options
    I got really into the twilight saga last spring. Read everybook. I am excited about New Moon but prolly will be a disappoinment. I was very disappointed with Twilight after reading the book and I am sadly expecting to same with New Moon . Movie is never as good as the book :frown:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I hope they do a better job with the vampire make up for new moon. I honestly wanted to smack the make up artist for twilight, they are supposed to be pale not have clown make up.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I hope they do a better job with the vampire make up for new moon. I honestly wanted to smack the make up artist for twilight, they are supposed to be pale not have clown make up.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I saw it yesterday during matinee, so there were no screaming teenage girls to interrupt my googly-eyes with Jacob and Edward. I liked the movie, but I just felt like nothing important happened. It felt like it was a connecter between the 1st and 3rd movies, but I dunno how to explain it really...I am going to read the books over Christmas break which I am assured are so much better than the movies and make way more sense.

But I must say JACOB IS FREAKING HOT! That is so wrong too b/c he is the age of my younger brother :noway: Edward is tooooo absent in this movie and I missed him the whole time. I hope the books are as amazing as everyone says they are! I am a big HP fan so Twilight has A LOT to live up to...
  • kimspassion
    Options
    Saw the movie saturday!!! awesome!!! the ending was perfect lol as long as you read all the books
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Saw the movie and I liked it. I felt New Moon was my least favorite book of all four. They did a good job in keeping with the book but if you've read the book you know what they changed. And I do agree that nothing really important was going on. Eclipse and Breaking Dawn and of course Twilight are the books that have all the action. Overall it was good.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I loved the first movie...it left me longing for my own Edward, but this one...pretty much (eek) sucked. Edward was SO bland, and his makeup is so ridiculous. The only bright spot in the whole movie was Jacob's body. lol Dakota Fanning looked so pretty too...despite the crazy red eyes. I don't think she belonged in this movie though. I think the movie needed a woman's touch...the male director just didn't catch that same feeling and depth the first director did.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I took my 13 year old to see it - I've not read the Twilight books, though we saw the first movie.

And I'm certainly not a Twilight fan - I found both movies rather painful - the first more than the second. But maybe you fans can explain something to me:

Why did she pick the scrawny, pale, overly dramatic, self important, egotistic dead guy over the loving, buff, down to earth alive guy? ?? ???????

*shrug*

:laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Why did she pick the scrawny, pale, overly dramatic, self important, egotistic dead guy over the loving, buff, down to earth alive guy? ?? ???????

*shrug*

:laugh:

I can see Edward's appeal...well, in the first movie anyway, but who could resist Jacob? I feel wrong just saying that at my age, but seriously... lol
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    My husband wants nothing to do with it... & actually I want him to want nothing to do with it lol
    When he watched Twilight with me all he did was talk crap & I will NOT have him doing that during New Moon!
    He thinks i'm a big nerd when it comes to the whole Twilight thing & tells me it everyday lol

Mine is the same way, but he got offended when he found out I was going with a friend instead of him!! I said "you dont like it, its not going to be fun for me to sit next to you during a movie that I'm REDICULOUSLY excited about knowin that you're miserable!"

FYI: I saw it Friday (left work early to beat the teeny-bopper crowd... no offense to any teeny-boppers reading this!) it was FANTASTIC! only a few slight changes from the book, now I can't wait for the next one!!!!!!!!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    yeah if you've seen New Moon by now you'll know that the girls looked fantastic but they guys have too much red in their lips (in my opinion) aside from Jasper the guys all looked *ok* but they all would have looked better with the lips toned down.
    I loved the first movie...it left me longing for my own Edward, but this one...pretty much (eek) sucked. Edward was SO bland, and his makeup is so ridiculous. The only bright spot in the whole movie was Jacob's body. lol Dakota Fanning looked so pretty too...despite the crazy red eyes. I don't think she belonged in this movie though. I think the movie needed a woman's touch...the male director just didn't catch that same feeling and depth the first director did.

who else would you pick to play Jane? there's not many options for young girls who can play an evil role like that... I thought she did a decent job.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I saw it Saturday with my bff. The audience actually CLAPPED (and hooped and hollared) when Jacob first took his shirt off. And as the noise was dying down, some lady yelled out "Yall he's a CHILD!!" and everyone laughed. although it took a few minutes to understand what she said, it sounded like "he's a CHOW" and I thought it had something to do with him being a dog/werewolf thing....

And I thought it was incredibly funny that there was complete silence when Edward took his shirt off later in the movie...

You can tell they spent more on the special effects for this movie, which was good. The girl who plays Bella (Kristen Stewart) was the worst possible choice for the lead female character (my opinion only!! don't get your panties in a bunch!). My friend and I constantly make fun of how she breaths really hard between words when she's trying to show any emotion. Although I'm not sure who would be a better replacement. I think she looked a lot like how Bella should look so now I can't imagine replacing her with a different face.

Again...this is just my opinion...you and I don't have to agree
  • jhall1980
    Options
    I saw it Saturday with my bff. The audience actually CLAPPED (and hooped and hollared) when Jacob first took his shirt off. And as the noise was dying down, some lady yelled out "Yall he's a CHILD!!" and everyone laughed. although it took a few minutes to understand what she said, it sounded like "he's a CHOW" and I thought it had something to do with him being a dog/werewolf thing....

And I thought it was incredibly funny that there was complete silence when Edward took his shirt off later in the movie...

You can tell they spent more on the special effects for this movie, which was good. The girl who plays Bella (Kristen Stewart) was the worst possible choice for the lead female character (my opinion only!! don't get your panties in a bunch!). My friend and I constantly make fun of how she breaths really hard between words when she's trying to show any emotion. Although I'm not sure who would be a better replacement. I think she looked a lot like how Bella should look so now I can't imagine replacing her with a different face.

I not getting my panties in a bunch lol, but i'm just curious if you read the books?
    I did not personally like Kristen Stewart for the part of Bella either when I first seen twilight, but then I read the books. In my opinion she plays the part great, because in the book thats exactly how she acts. Always sighing & breathing like that. I was just curious.
    I loved the movies & the books. They are a must read if you haven't already :happy:

Again...this is just my opinion...you and I don't have to agree