What are your SUPERFICIAL reasons for weight loss? (:

Now, I know for a vast majority of people is for health related purposes, but even along with health, I'm sure at least one of you wants to look fabulous/hot/etc or feel more confident, right? What are your reasons?
Mine are:
1) I want to buy a mini dress for my 18th birthday in November
2) To go with that mini dress, I want 4 tattoos all related to my weight loss journey (with the exception of 1)
3) When I got to college next August to major in Athletic Training, I wanna be HOT and be admired (;
4) There is a concert I'm going to next month that I'd REALLY like to crowd surf in

Those are some of mine. What are yours? (:

Replies

• sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Youre right. Besides general health, my reason is that Im tired of looking 11 months pregnant with triplets. Oh and when I get pregnant again, I want to be able to tell that I am pregnant and not just fat.
  • snoozypoo
    snoozypoo Posts: 32 Member
    I want to look good and buy clothes without having to worry if I will suit them because of my tummy.
  • bigboytriathlon
    bigboytriathlon Posts: 25 Member
  • bigboytriathlon
    bigboytriathlon Posts: 25 Member
    I want someone to do a doubletake when I walk past. For the right reasons.
  • I want my boyfriend to take down those photos of fitness models on his desktop and put me up ;) LOL! # nothappening
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    I want my thighs to stop trying to start a fire by rubbing together(and my shorts to stop bunching up too)
    I want to not be the biggest woman in my office
    I want to have better sex! ( I think I should move this to the TOP of my list! Lol)
    I want to feel as beautiful inside as my husband says I am on the outside
  • joleen126
    joleen126 Posts: 7
    Funny, i have been thinking about this the last few days. why am i stressing, and i mean stressing myself out over losing 'all' my weight... well because im going on vacation, and want to look good on the beach... not because i am unhealthy, because i am healthy, especially now that im exercising regularly. and of course theres the, i want the right kind of guys to find me attractive... well who the hell cares honestly as long as i like who i see why do i let the other stuff bother me?! maybe if i wasn't stressing and pushing so hard it might come off easier and stay off...
  • sradnan
    sradnan Posts: 17 Member
    Cause when I look better I'm more confident and everything else seems to fall into place.
    Plus it's nice to be noticed, and I come from australia. Bikini bodies are a year round ordeal
  • kassiebby1124
    kassiebby1124 Posts: 927 Member
    Definitely love this reason. I want a reaction that is: "DAYUMMMM. They look good."

@Snoozy- I heard that :D Also, aren't smaller clothes cheaper?

@Lisa- Lawlers! Maybe he'll add you to it ;D
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    bikinis, cut off shorts, tiny vintage 1950s dresses, new clothes, easily finding things in stores like Forever 21 while I'm still young enough to stop there, ha....... I love clothes, can you tell?
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    I want to look HOT for my next AEROSMITH meeting- in 3 weeks!!!! Tired of having left-over "twin skin". Skinnier than before but look heavier do to the belly, it sucks!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    I am shamelessly superficially motivated hahaha here are just a few of my reasons:

- skinny jeans and daisy dukes! I want to be able to pull of skin-tight denim!
    - bikinis! I live 200m from one of Australia's best beaches and never go because I'm self-conscious.
    - LOVE. I want the opposite sex (including my ex :brokenheart: ) to find me attractive! Especially since I'll be going to lots of college parities soon.
    - Hit on at clubs! I rarely get hit-on. It'd be a nice change for it to happen maybe once or twice... hahah
    - Music festivals. The ones where all the girls wear bikinis, midriff-bearing tops and denim short shorts.
    - Halloween. I have a secret dream of looking super-sexy on Halloween... hahaha
    - I'd love to wear a curve-hugging bodycon dress out

Basically all of my reasons revolve around clothes and having some wonderful guy fall for me :blushing: haha
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    MY WEDDING!!
    Sex with the lights on !;)
    Where my really lil bikini in public
    To be admired by girls and guys lol
  • kassiebby1124
    These reasons are great! Keep them comin' :D
    Next summer, I, too, would like a bikini. Specifically from Victoria Secret. Also, my sister is getting married in October and I'm the M.O.H. and we can't buy my dress until I stop losing weight which won't happen until I reach my goal size (I doubt I'll be the weight I want before I get to the size I want because I do so much muscle toning and what not)
  • Casey8
    Casey8 Posts: 15 Member
    to look amazing for my wedding
  • WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    My original intention was just to get down to a size 2/4 and 115lbs pounds for my own health, but truthfully I just want to look better than everyone else.

I know it sounds bad, but I'm in my mid twenties now and the the people I grew up who were naturally slim are now getting heavy and I'm shrinking. I can't help but gloat a little because now they know what it feels like to have your body work against you & now I look better than them.
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    I love vintage clothing and never find any to fit.

When I got on my semi-annual camping trip with my BFF from high school I would like to not look at the pics of us together and think "OMG I am a beached whale!" (She's tiny -- I'd guess a size 3?, blonde, and tan).

Because I want to have those 13.1 and 26.2 stickers on my truck -- and I know those races would be easier to run w/the weight off. Yeh, I know it's rude to brad but I'm not the most athletic person so just to have people look at me and say "Wow, she's a runner" would make my day!

Too look great on my husbands arm!
  • kassiebby1124
    I can relate to the posts about looking better for other people and around other people. My best friend is overweight, but she doesn't look it because of her natural pear/hourglass shape. She's curvy. I, on the other hand, look like a balloon. I'm envious of her and jealous because I work out more than she does, despite we do work out together, I'll not look like her.