150 pounds to lose and looking for support............

Options
Hello, I have been heavy all my adult life. I weighed 216 when I graduated high school (a long time ago haha). I gained almost 100 pounds after going through a hurricane 20 years ago and had to start my life over again. I've tried numerous plans to lose weight and had some success but have never been able to keep it going.

Looking for support, advice, help, suggestions.........anything to keep me going. I know I can do it.....but I think having a support system is a huge advantage!! Not only from those who still need to lose, but from others who have made it through this part of the journey as well.

Thank you!!! :)

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    go get it tigress. hope MFP helps you....
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi Betsy,

I understand completely. I am on this lifestyle change journey and having support can be a key element. I have lost approx 30 pounds so far and would like to lose another 60 pounds for my first goal and maybe another 30 pounds for my ultimate goal. It would be nice if we could support and motivate each other. Send me a friend invite if you like and I know we can do this together! :wink:

Jacksoncs6
  • tridiv
    tridiv Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've got about 50 KGs to go, I have lost about 17 KGs so far in the past 4 months, mainly by following the paleo diet, working out and intermittent fasting, add me, hopefully we will be able to help each other in our journey
  • Vealchop1
    Vealchop1 Posts: 5
    Options
    Stay positive and do not be discouraged. I joined this site on 02/26/2012 and have lost 26 lbs so far and hope to lose 20 more.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been heavy all my adult life. I weighed 216 when I graduated high school (a long time ago haha). I gained almost 100 pounds after going through a hurricane 20 years ago and had to start my life over again. I've tried numerous plans to lose weight and had some success but have never been able to keep it going.

Looking for support, advice, help, suggestions.........anything to keep me going. I know I can do it.....but I think having a support system is a huge advantage!! Not only from those who still need to lose, but from others who have made it through this part of the journey as well.

I just sent you a friend request. :)
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    You can do it- I am 11 pounds into my 150 pound journey, and I am actually enjoying the journey! Friend me if you wish, and you will have support!
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Sending you a friend request. :)
  • tanmarbar73
    Options
    I gained massive weight after Hurricane Katrina. Food was the only thing that made me feel better. I'm 9 lbs into my 145 weight loss journey. Have faith. We survived a storm. We can do this! Friend me if you'd like.
  • healthynursein2015
    healthynursein2015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hi i have gained and lost weight since high school also, lost 66 pounds 4 years to slowly gain it all back now iam back to square one ,but we can do this. you went through a hurricane and started over again thats HUGE i honor your courage for that, so sorry that happened to you . I am also looking for support in this journey to good health and hoping weight loss comes along with it also . feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • jerber160
    Options
    first of all,, y'all are great.. good luck with your journeys.. I have to tell you you guys think BIG!. when I started a year ago, my goal was a 5lb loss because I was sure this would NEVER Work and didn't want to be too ambitious. so I've been doing in 5 or 10 lb increments and it's OK. I realize everyone is different.... but I just wanted to share my thoughts...
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I have lost 67 so far and want to lose at least another 100. Its all about supporting each other :)
  • Las_Vegas_2012
    Las_Vegas_2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. You are doing awesome so far. In May I weighed 315 lbs, started myfitnesspal on June 5 th and have lost a total of 32 lbs. Twenty lbs of it I lost on here and I am so happy that I found MFP. There is so much support and encouragement on here that makes it worth logging on here everyday.

I started cutting out chips, some chocolate, candy, soda and fast food and I have never felt better. I eat more veggies, fruit and whole grain foods. I am trying to get my dad and mom into this so they stay around a lot longer till I have kids. :smile:

Good Luck!!! :happy:
  • betsymill
    betsymill Posts: 25
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!! The people on MFP are so very supportive and it makes an impact for sure.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hey Betsy, how are you doing?
  • meganlynn0103
    Options
    Hello, I am challenging myself to lose 100lbs total. Have lost almost 20lbs so far. I started in April consistant then kinda of died off towards the end of may and all of june until a week ago. I have lost 2lbs just this week and I have to keep motivated to lose the rest by so i can get as close to my goal weight by the end of the year because i turn 28 just a few days later. I weigh more now then what i did when i was 9mths prego with my daughter who is now 10. If you would like we can help eachother to keep going.
  • QuiltMama61
    Options
    Hi Betsymill!

It sounds like I am in the very same boat as you. I've struggled with my weight all of my adult life since the birth of my first child at age 19. I am now 51 and heavier than I've ever been in my life. I also have several health issues that are no doubt related to my obesity. I am very new at this MFP website but I like it so far and I love the online food diary---so much nicer than handwriting a food journal! I need to lose about 150 lbs as well. Actually even more would be better but I'm shooting for 150. Best wishes to you!
  • trishtrish1
    trishtrish1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello - I am starting again and again and again.

So starting again today.

I need to lose 150 pounds.

Anyone else out there still looking for support - or willing to give support - I need it! ;)

Thanks!

Trish
  • jerber160
    Options
    Hello - I am starting again and again and again.

So starting again today.

I need to lose 150 pounds.

Anyone else out there still looking for support - or willing to give support - I need it! ;)

Thanks!

Trish
    trish. I know you didn't ask for a harangue but I will reiterate my advice above. ANYTHING is better than nothing.. it's why I think small... 5lb increments. I know it's not for everyone but it worked pretty well for me. as an aside I haven't lost in 3/4 of the year...but I'm gonna tackle the last 15-20lbs without beating myself up...
  • jennalee1312
    Options
    Hey and wellllcome...will be sending a request <3
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We all can! I'm in it for the long run and I'm very active on here if you want to add me.