Looking for women who had C-Sections!

Options
We all know it's hard working off that baby weight...but what about when you have a C-Section? It's SUPER hard! I had a C-Section almost 3 years ago, got pregnant again, had a VBAC, so now I'm working off the weight. I'm looking for women who can share this experience with me! I want to get as close to getting rid of that "pouch" as best as I can!

Replies

• Losinitforgood
    Losinitforgood Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    2 C-sections 13 months apart! and I am having a heck of a time getting rid of the pouch, I feel your pain!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    i've had 2 csections...one was 3 1/2 years ago...it is killer getting rid of the pooch. It seems like i've managed to lose weight everywhere so far EXCEPT my mommy pouch...LOL.
  • rosawash
    rosawash Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've had three c-sections and I still have my pouch to show for it.
  • tikab89
    tikab89 Posts: 29
    Options
    My sister had a C-Section and was able to work off her pouch. She said it took A LOT of cardio. I'm dreading this journey.
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    I had a c-section in 2004. Lost the baby weight, plus some extra, a few years later (with Jenny Craig). I was down to 127lbs, but still had my "pooch". That being said, when I was losing weight, it was all from eating healthier. I really wasn't working out at all..

I've gained half of the 60lbs I lost in '07, and have only recently started to work it off again. This time I'm exercising like crazy. Loads of cardio. Have only dropped about 8lbs in the past couple weeks, but feeling a lot different with this weight loss journey than the last time.

I'm really hoping the exercise makes a difference when I hit my goal.. That the tummy pooch will be a thing of the past!

Would love to keep an eye on this thread, and see if any c-section mommies have tips for fixing that special tummy we all have now. I know it's possible, but it definitely seems like one of the hardest thing to get rid of.
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    i had one and im thinner than ever but i still have the hideous pouch xx
  • trini88
    trini88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections 1 in 2006 and the other in 2010. I'm only now working REALLY hard to get rid of the infamous pooch. It's gone down, but it's definitely still there. At my heaviest (the morning I had my son) I was 262lbs, I'm currently down to 189 and I still can't shake it. I guess there's still a lot of work to be done and will be one of the last parts to finally go away???
  • SnarkyJo
    SnarkyJo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had three C-sections. No matter what exercises I have attempted the "pouch-o-flab" doesn't go away. I've always thought it was because one of my C-sections was an emergency procedure. If you find something that works, please enlighten the rest of us!
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections. After my son I did a lot of yoga/pilates & back to flat tummy! After my daughter ......not so easy! Often doing an "Abs class" so hoping that will helps~mixes it up using bands/stability balls & lots of plank moves. I'll let you know how it works!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    3 c-sections here. Pouch is awful to get rid of. Good luck.
  • lstone03
    lstone03 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section just shy of 6 weeks ago. ( 3rd baby 1st c-section) I have no idea what is too much to early or where to even start.
  • mshelly68
    mshelly68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had three c sections and have always found it the hardest area. I always seem to get a hang over part. Right now , as I am losing , my stomach hangs over and makes it sore as it sweats. Thank god I use e45 to relieve it. Any help would be appreciated as I find it difficult too . Swimming is a good one and aqua aerobics. And thank god for Bridget magic pants !,
  • kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have had three c-sections and the extra fat is awful!! I have been told if I eat helathy foods and stick with cardio it will decrease alot!!! We will see! Good luck all!
  • tikab89
    tikab89 Posts: 29
    Options
    I read that you can really only get rid of it by having a tummy tuck. I was hoping that that wasn't true for everyone so I could have some hope!
  • kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    I had a c-section just shy of 6 weeks ago. ( 3rd baby 1st c-section) I have no idea what is too much to early or where to even start.

I would say you need to listen to your body and what it alows you to do.... That area stays very tender for months or longer. So just do what you are comfortable doing with out pain. If its pain quit if its the burn go for it!!! I would also ask the Dr what he suggests.
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    I had two c-sections as well 2007/2009. I workout pretty much everyday since I'm in the military and this damn stomach pooch will not leave my body :(
  • sstewart75
    sstewart75 Posts: 27
    Options
    13 years on from c-sec and an apple to boot, theres no way im ever going to be free lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    It must be the type of cut you get. I have the up-and-down C-section and no pooch, though it looks as though my butt crack spread up my stomach.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Multiple Cs....I was naturally thin and got rid of it after each baby, but the weight gain in my 40s brought it right back! It's harder to get rid of this time, but it is definitely shrinking.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    I had mine 26 years ago lol!

It does go, but you have to understand the medical team cut through some muscle to get to your little bundle of joy and it takes time for the muscle knit back up,

Try to start exercising a little as soon as comfortable, you can do it over time without a tummy tuck. It may not go completely depends on your body shape before the c-section

But be proud that you have your children maybe see it as a medal of honour ;-))))