Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

From fat to fit-ish: The difference 1 year can make

litatura
litatura Posts: 569 Member
I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but this was me in June 2011 and over 200lbs. (I'm only 5'3"):

BeforeJune2011.jpg

This is me two days ago and 71.5lbs lighter:

Picture1026.jpg

I'm not quite to goal yet, but will be by the end of July. :bigsmile:

A little background on me. I was always athletic and never overweight until I got pregnant at 23. After I had my son, I retained an extra 15-20lbs. but was still only mildly overweight. However, as my lifestyle became more sedentary and ate like crap (I was never an over-eater, but I was a bad night-time snacker and drank too much pop), the weight started creeping on. It was sneaky because it would be between 5-10lbs/year until suddenly I saw pics of myself last summer and finally realized that I had gotten fat. I've worked hard over the past year to take it off through watching what I eat and exercising regularly and now I'm only 2lbs to a healthy BMI, 3.5lbs. to my 75 lbs. weight loss goal, and 8lbs. away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm also now a runner again, which feels great! Most importantly, I feel like me again.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!