i was bright red! :(

Options
Today was my first day at the gym, but after 30 min of brisk walking......my face was bright red. It was kind of embarrassing. Does anyone else have this happen? I worked up a little sweat,but I didn't think I was that hot!

Replies

• tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    That happened to me when I first started running. It still does a little, but not as much. I think it is normal.
  • Darci73
    Darci73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh that always happens to me. I'm of Celtic decent and it happens to fair people alot. I turn as red as my hair and it takes about an hour to go away. As you go to the gym more often, you will end up having to exert less energy and eventually get less red. Watch for any signs of rosacea, it could be because of that. I never really get over being emabarassed about it, but at least I'm on the road to be as healthy as I can be. Blushing just adds to it. Guess I'll never try to meet a guy there, lol.

Darci
  • Arleah
    Arleah Posts: 15
    Options
    I am very fair too, and no matter how much I work out I am red as a beat by the end of it :) you're not alone!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out my whole body would turn red... but as I got used to it, that changed. Now I just kinda glow a little and shine a lot from all the sweat (I love a challenging workout). But I still turn red in the face when I really push myself, just not all the time working out now.
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    lol, you never know Darci, guys could dig it. I'm also very fair.

Thanks guys.
  • cplvs2dnce5678
    Options
    Very normal especially when first beginning an exercise program. Will resolve itself the more fit you become but can still happen even then with an especially tough workout. And as previously stated those of us with fair complexions tend to show the effects of our efforts more!!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Ladies-

Most guys don't care if you're red.

My wife is one of those that gets red as a beet at the gym. I just think she's cute.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Now, if you turn green, it could be an issue. Unless there are Star Trek/Vulcan fans hanging out at the gym. :)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    My face actually gets purple... :tongue: I just take it as I just worked my @ss off and I should be sweating!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I went running one day this summer and stopped at my dads and he actually wanted to take me to the doctor because my face was so red. I finally convinced I was fine but he made my dh came get me and take me home because his shop was open and he couldn't himself! :laugh:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I get red every time. It just happens and shows you are working out hard! I sweat my butt off too sucks, but at least I workout at home... :blushing: It's not embarrasing to me though even when I am outside walking/running I get this way.
  • Darci73
    Darci73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOL thanks for the male perspective :happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Ahhh the dreaded redness. I have really pale skin, and I get flushed really easily. Sumthin we gotta live with, I guess. :tongue:
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    Same here - getting red is a matter of a few minutes when I push myself :wink:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    FYI, people in better shape sweat more. That's a known fact. Because the body becomes more efficient at releasing body heat through sweat. How much you sweat has nothing to do with how hard you are working, but people in better shape will tend to sweat a little more as their heart rate rises and their body warms up.
  • disbey
    disbey Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a fair skinned redhead, and I too get really red when I work out... always have :flowerforyou:
  • acrylicrocks
    Options
    I am not especially fair skinned and I get red also. I don't really care though. Unless you are squeezing a work out right before you gotta do something.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better I have actually had staff at the gym stop and ask me if I am ok. I am of irish decent so that plays a big part but it is basically, there isn't a cure for it, other than to work it proudly!
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    If it makes you feel better I have actually had staff at the gym stop and ask me if I am ok. I am of irish decent so that plays a big part but it is basically, there isn't a cure for it, other than to work it proudly!

this actually does make me feel batter! thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • Texangrrl
    Options
    the past two times ive been, i didnt near as red! even if i did tho, after reading all the replies, i dont think i would have minded. its like our own little red-faced-shiny-club. haha.