Digital Scales inaccurate?

Options
Hi everyone,

I know that this has been the subjects of a few different threads, but I want to get fresh opinions.

I have two scales. One is a weight watcher's scale. I can weigh myself and flutuate by 3.5 pounds in either direction. Take this morning...I jumped on the scale 218.5, then 221.5 (a minute later) then 219.6 (two minutes after that).

I have a counselor brand analog where you can adjust it so it is exactly on zero. Got on the scale, and it is was right at 218. I did this three additional times, and all the same. Granted, I can't be sure if the ounces are off, but atleasts the poundage is still the same.

My first instinct is to go with the highest weight (because I am a gluten for punishment I suppose. However, after discussing it with a friend, she convinced me to go with the 218 because it was the most consistent number out of the six weigh ins.

What say you? Is the digital inaccurate? Should I trust the analog? Thanks!

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't know about trusting an analog or not, but every time I buy a digital, I have to step on with something heavy in my hands the first time or it will weigh what it did the last time, even if the difference is a pound or so. I thought my old one was broken and bought a new one from a different brand, but it does the same thing. Doh!
  • Silverberry1331
    Silverberry1331 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump