Going to red lobster tonight... HELP?!

Options
So, my family is taking us out to red lobster tonight or tomorrow.
What are some of their good choices, calorie/fat wise? Or, do they have a website with all the nutrition facts on it? I just lost 5 pounds i dont want to gain it back! Please help!

Replies

• IAmFranciscoB
    Options
    stay away from anything buttery or breaded. that usually seems to be pretty deadly at red lobster. im sure they have a soup and salad you can lean towards.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    This is weird! My parents are at Red Lobster eating right now. I decided not to go because I already ate (and their cheddar baked biscuits are my downfall).
    I would lean towards salad/soup. Stay away from creamy pasta dishes, and of course the cheddar biscuits. I believe they have a portion of their menu with healthier options.

You wouldn't gain 5 pounds back unless you ate 17,500 calories.
  • jennagwyn
    jennagwyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They have lite fare suggestions in the back of that little book with drinks and appetizers...grilled fish like salmon or tilapia paired with steamed veggies...get a salad too, and only one biscuit!
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    So, my family is taking us out to red lobster tonight or tomorrow.
    What are some of their good choices, calorie/fat wise? Or, do they have a website with all the nutrition facts on it? I just lost 5 pounds i dont want to gain it back! Please help!

They have nutrition info on the website. We went there this week and I planned ahead. I had a salad and ordered the crab cakes with a side of asparagus. I ate one crab cake and took the other home. Oh, and I budgeted for one biscuit. I was very proud and considered this outing a success! :)
  • pondwater41
    Options
    just ate there last night. the grilled lobster/scallops/shrimp with brocoilli meal (salad included, no dressing) was less than 400 calories. stay away from the ever-so-yummy biscuits & drawn butter.
  • wildflow30
    wildflow30 Posts: 27
    Options
    A lobster roll had be skinnied down by asking for an untoasted roll. I THINK it was around 400 calories. Worth it to me!! I just saved the rest of the day.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I got their grilled shrimp skewers, asked for plain baked potato vs pilaf (no butter/sour cream), no seasoning on the broccoli (I brought my butter spray and seasoning), ate one skewer of shrimp, half potato, one roll. Ordered side salad with their house dressing on the side and dipped fork tines into it. Entire meal was filling and very low cal, and I had a meal the next nite. They have a 10 or so page nutrition sheet on their site (manager gave me a copy of it when I asked in the restaurant). Shrimp is about 4 oz for both skewers btw, so could eat both but I wanted a second meal :)
  • wildflow30
    wildflow30 Posts: 27
    Options
    They have a whole grilled section!! Anything off that would be a good choice. I wanna go too (insert very big nasaly whine here).
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it. lol You aren't going to gain back 5 lbs in a day. Red Lobster is amazing, and you are going to want to splurge a little. Let yourself. I mean you can follow all the suggestions listed (they are great suggestions) But Idk about you, I wouldn't be happy when I left. When I go, I just choose the healthiest option I can. 1 biscuit instead of 2. Red Wine Vinegar dressing instead of ranch. Try to stay away from the fried stuff. I always get crab legs and lobster WITH butter. ( its like 1-2 tablespoons) and get broccoli instead of fries. Just make healthier choices. If you walk out eating baked fish and broccoli your probably going to feel jipped. lol Just my opinion. Another option is to add everything you would want in your diary...see how many cals it is, and then start subtracting and rearranging stuff until you have a meal you can live with :)
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I usually have steak, an expensive cut. I stay away from the lobster because I'm allergic to most seafood.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Remember, life is to be lived.
    Don't ruin your evening obsessing over your diet.
    Get a grilled fish with veggies, an nice appetizer and desert. Drink water - no booze.
    And don't mention anything about diet or weight loss to your family.
    They're there for a good time too.
    Have a great dinner :drinker:
  • SteffieSunshine
    SteffieSunshine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted a website, ThinDish.com. You enter your zip code and it will show restaurants around you, and the choices for meals under 600 calories.

Hope that helps...but you can't go wrong with grilled fish of the day!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Three words: fresh fish menu. I avoid most chains but a few months ago I couldn't avoid going to Red Lobster (traveling with friends). I ate baked rainbow trout, wild rice and asparagus (the seasonal veg at the time). It actually wasn't bad. If you can't control yourself around bread, don't even try those cheddar bay biscuits.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I had the oven wood tilapia and extra order of broccoli, side salad with balsamic dressing and had one biscuit. Not too bad at all!!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just went there a couple weeks ago. I got this pineapple salsa salmon which was on their specials menu, so I don't know if it will be available where you live. But it was good. And then I got mashed potatoes and broccoli. My meal was probably around 600 calories. And lots of protein.
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    have a lobster very low cal watch out for butter thogh
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it. lol You aren't going to gain back 5 lbs in a day. Red Lobster is amazing, and you are going to want to splurge a little. Let yourself. I mean you can follow all the suggestions listed (they are great suggestions) But Idk about you, I wouldn't be happy when I left. When I go, I just choose the healthiest option I can. 1 biscuit instead of 2. Red Wine Vinegar dressing instead of ranch. Try to stay away from the fried stuff. I always get crab legs and lobster WITH butter. ( its like 1-2 tablespoons) and get broccoli instead of fries. Just make healthier choices. If you walk out eating baked fish and broccoli your probably going to feel jipped. lol Just my opinion. Another option is to add everything you would want in your diary...see how many cals it is, and then start subtracting and rearranging stuff until you have a meal you can live with :)

This
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    One meal won't gain your 5 lbs back. Just enjoy it reasonably (1 biscuit, not 1 basket) and put yourself back on track after. :-)
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    they have a menu on the back of the appetizer/dessert thingy that has light meals something like "under 500 cal and 15g of fat"...we were just there a week ago