Everyone has a story, I hope you'll be a part of mine

Options
Hi there,

If you are reading this, I hope you will consider being a part of my "Healthy Lifestyle Motivational Network of Fabulous People," or at least my friend.

I have done the weight-loss journey before, but I couldn't stick it out (obviously because I'm back at it). But I want success this time. I don't want to feel like the fat person in my family anymore. I want to be healthy, and happy, but I need some help.

Accountability is a key component to success, and I'm hoping to build a network of people who will share in this adventure with me. Through successes and set backs. I don't want a one-sided group of observers...I want interaction. I want us to motivate each other to do amazing things.

I am asking for help, which I'm not very good at...but I am very good at giving help where needed.

So if you need a fabulous person in your life, or you'd like to be one in mine, please...reach out! :flowerforyou:

Stay Fabulous
xoxo
Sarah

Replies

• BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    That was such a lovely post! And you have perfectly summed up the attitude this place has:) Sending you a request!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request right now! I know that you can do this!
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well said! We're all where you are obviously or we wouldn't be here. Take time to read some of our stories and you'll feel more human you can be sure! Friend me:)
  • AbbyLouiseCarr
    Options
    I'd like to say everyone here is such an inspiration as you but sadly I cannot. But we're all in this together, young or old, or on another continent, I love how very different people can all come together because in the end we all want to achieve our goals, a similar goal and I'd like to help you with that :)
    I am young, very, but I never let that stop me encouraging the friends I already have or taking control ofmy weight, I'd be more than happy to assist in you achieving your goal too.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kimberlee, 48. My story is that I have been overweight all my life and am suffering the consequences of an unhealthy lifestyle. I suffered a heart attack 4 yrs. ago and had to have open heart surgery to bypass 5 clogged arteries. I also have diabetes and have had to undergo 11 surgeries in 4 yrs. for health problems. I have been on here since Dec. 2011 and have made a lot of friends. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • SamanthaJodi
    Options
    Your title caught my eye and your message made me smile! So, I think I'm gonna get to adding you and some of the other lovely people who commented on this thread.
  • ShawnaElston
    ShawnaElston Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I love what you said about accountability. I have been trying to lose weight for a few years and I finally realized I need that accountability. I joined a local TOPS group to make sure I don't cheat when I get on that scale. It is really helping. Being overweight can be very lonely and so can losing it. It is nice to have other people to cheer us on. I hope you'll add me as one of your "people".
  • Sahara0815
    Sahara0815 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I'm a newbie to this forum, at least as far as posting. Your story sounds *so* familiar to me. My mom always struggled with her weight but for the most part stayed in the normal range. My sister has always been the skinny one ... if she gains two pounds, she takes three off for good measure. I've always Ben the fat one, and I'm just tired of it. I'm pretty active overall, but it's getting harder and harder and I've gotten bigger and bigger. I discovered MFP about a month ago and it's a great tool, but I need a support system, too. My husband loves me but he can be both my best friend and worst enemy when I try to lose weight! I'd love to team up and hopefully, we can be successful together. :)

Melinda
  • Sahara0815
    Sahara0815 Posts: 55
    Options
    Loved seeing your post and congrats on 94 pounds lost! I need to lose over 100 (gasp!) and it's great to see someone who's done so well. Awesome!
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    Hi! Would love to encourage one another on this journey! I'm 46 and 60+ overweight! Feel free to add me! Lisa
  • DORISGUDINO
    DORISGUDINO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, This is a stupid question, I would like to add you, but I don't know how. Please help me out here. I am a 53 year old mom of 6 and have at least 60 lbs to lose also. I am currently STUCK and feeling a little hopeless.....
  • Susieanna
    Susieanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of your story! I am a chronic yo yo dieter/binger and I am so ready to just do this once and for all and I will need all the help I can get!! All the best for your journey =)
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love your post, it made me smile. I also love the title! Please feel free to add me! :smile: :heart:
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post. I would love to give some support and get some in return. Everyone needs a little help from time to time. Request sent.
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love what you had to say! I am sending you a request now! :)