Hey I'm an 18 year old overweight Guy here's my story...

Options
Well I never saw myself as fat, I would look at other fat people and make fun of them, not even noticing myself. I don't know when exactly I started to try to lose weight. But I failed many many times. My sophomore and junior yr of high school I had this food science class. And the teacher would make us weight our selfs. I noticed I was a complete fatass topping the scale at 280 pounds. And Every month the monthly weigh in would come and i would feel so embarrassed. Yet I kept making such unhealthy decisions. I finally got sick of it and exercised that summer of 2011. Lost around 15 pounds. And when I got my School ID. My face had completely changed. I was shocked at how ugly I was the year of 2011. But 2012 was the year. I still made horrible eating decisions through out my last yr of high school. But managed to lose like 10 pounds. Well I joined a Gym now that High School is over and I have lost another 20 pounds and currently at 250. I want to lose another 50-70 pounds and cause I want to live life without looking at myself in disgust. And I have a high chance of getting diabetes cause it runs in my family. When I don't go to the gym, I walk/jog 2 miles around my neighboorhood. I Also want to go skydiving. I got this inspiration from a famous youtuber who goes by the name shay carl. He was overweight and now in his new videos he has changed and lost so much weight and looks great. He seems so happy and can do so much I can't. I just want help and motivation.

Replies

• BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the site! I will send you a request :) I think we have all experienced similar feelings, but I have to say that this place has helped me so much in understanding how positive these changes in health and fitness are, not just with your body, but your mind. I love the phrase 'sound body, sound mind', it is so applicable here, this place has helped me so much, and everyone is understanding and encouraging - hopefully this place will help you too:) Good luck with your journey!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome, my son is not on here but he is also large. He has the working out part down just not the food. He is a senior this year. Glad you are taking on this for yourself.
  • QuietImperfections
    QuietImperfections Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well ^^
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to MFP. I wish I had that realization when I was in high school. Feel free to add me I log in everyday =] Good luck with your goal.
  • KGB711
    KGB711 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the Help and the encouragement :D
  • lorin1987
    lorin1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That is really cool that you want to go skydiving, best of luck with your goals!
  • KGB711
    Options
    I know It just interest me. I want to do things like skydiving, and bungie jumping, extreme things. Before its too late and before I turn old. I have the time now. If it wasn't for the weight limit being 210 I would so go for it now. But I'm working on that. I think that's whats making me want to lose weight, that, and trying to impress this girl i like.
  • KGB711
    Options
    Yeah I want to do that cause it just interested me. And I thought, why not do it. Before I get old. So yeah that's my goal is to get down to 210 and being able to experience this. This and other extreme stuff. IDK what hit this interest in extreme things but that annoying saying. YOLO. You Only Live Once. It's True. Also doing this to impress my friends and family, to show them I can do whatever I want whenever I want. Thanks for the Feedback BTW.
  • KGB711
    Options
    Yeah I want to do that cause it just interested me. And I thought, why not do it. Before I get old. So yeah that's my goal is to get down to 210 and being able to experience this. This and other extreme stuff. IDK what hit this interest in extreme things but that annoying saying. YOLO. You Only Live Once. It's True. Thanks for the Feedback BTW.
  • Nighthawk61
    Options
    Hopefully you'll learn on this site that calling people names for being overweight is very cruel; as well as talking about people as being "ugly" and "old". We are only as old as we feel, and there's a ton of people here that could out-run, out-bike and out-lift AND OUT-LOOK you buddy, before or after losing weight. And for those who stay overweight, and are older than you, and have not found their slimmer selves, pray for them too to find this site and find their way to health and happiness. If your mother was overweight, would you call her names, I'm guessing the least of which is "fat-*kitten*", she's obviously older than you, is "old" the word you would describe her? Has she found her slimmer self or is she "ugly" too? Grow up.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Bienvenu!
    Please feel free to shoot me a request. Always looking for new friends and people to motivate and support through their own journey to greatness!
  • KGB711
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't made fun of anyone because of their weight/appearance. ETC. I know how it feels to be called a "fatass" and that was when I was young. Sorry if you took what I said wrong. I was calling myself a hypocrite. I would never call someone that in person so why would I insult someone on the internet. I'm sorry once again. I myself am overweight and am 250 pounds so I have no right to call someone fat, if i myself am overweight. Sorry. :/
  • KGB711
    Options
    And I did not make fun of old people and stuff.I'm just saying as you get older, you grow up, you have kids, etc... you begin making excuses, that you begin to think your not capable of doing certain things. When in fact you are capable. I'm sorry once again if i offended anyone. I'm just here telling my story and I for whatsoever do not want offend anyone. I have my faults, so I have no right to make fun of anyone of any race, weight, color, religion, age, etc. Sorry.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, and congrats on making healthy changes! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    And I did not make fun of old people and stuff.I'm just saying as you get older, you grow up, you have kids, etc... you begin making excuses, that you begin to think your not capable of doing certain things. When in fact you are capable. I'm sorry once again if i offended anyone. I'm just here telling my story and I for whatsoever do not want offend anyone. I have my faults, so I have no right to make fun of anyone of any race, weight, color, religion, age, etc. Sorry.

I didn't see anything to take offense to, but whatevs. Can't please everyone I guess. Anyway, more importantly, welcome! Congrats on deciding to take care of yourself! I'm hoping to go skydiving one of these days as well. You'll get there!
  • AnnaBeach7
    AnnaBeach7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @ nighthawk51 : I don't think he was saying mean things, just reflecting and expressing a struggle. We all are in the same boat and need to be positive and encourage each other. I re-read the post, and I don't quite understand your response. Best of luck to everyone!
  • KGB711
    Options
    Thanks, yeah I saw that I offended someone and I didn't think I actually did. But I like to apologize and decided to say something just in case i offended someone. But anyways thanks again :D And will do.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me!
  • Nighthawk61
    Options
    Hello, in the first sentence it states before you knew you were fat "YOU WOULD LOOK AT FAT PEOPLE AND MAKE FUN OF THEM" what i missed hearing was that you regretted it, I was the skinny person standing up for those overweight people, time and time again, from the bullies. I saw how it tore them apart, how it tore my sis apart. And I'm sorry, but when you suggest that the heavier you is "ugly" that's a strong term, moreso, what does that imply to those who are overweight? I just think that "ugly" is best suited to describe someone's character. Never mind, i can see that you don't understand this point of view. Best of luck to you anyway.