How would you reward yourself?

Options
I reward myself periodically by buying small things (bought a heart rate monitor yesterday).
When I reach my goal weight of 120 pounds, I want to reward myself. I just don't know how I want to go about doing it.
I don't want something extremely expensive or anything like that. I was thinking about getting a small tattoo in honor of my Grandpa who passed away, because I know he is proud of me.. but I don't know. Tattoos are permanent and I don't want to fluctuate in weight too much and stretch out the tattoo or anything :/
Help?

Replies

• Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    chances are you won't regret your tattoo...most people get them and then after the first few weeks, they never really pay any attention to them. So, it's a good reward! :) DO IT!
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    The reward is in the daily accomplishment.

Just doing this successfully is all I need.
    :happy:
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I have rewarded myself in different ways -

a new sportsbra

a mani/pedi

a massage

and most recently, a new SAK purse (disclaimer, I'm a bargain shopper and got it at ROSS....$140 purse for $44)

I can't give good advice on the tattoo thing though....I've wanted one (and I know what and where) for over 5 years...but HATE HATE HATE needles!
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    When I hit 150, New shoes(which I REALLY need but wont buy till i earn them). When I hit 140, fun day for myself.. When I hit 130, professional hair cut and color. When I hit 120, New clothes (I'll need them). Maybe a tattoo as well. :P
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I hit goal I rewarded myself with a physical workup including a test for percentage of body fat. Based on that number I picked a new goal and went for it. When I hit it I rewarded myself with talking a coworker, who is a marathon runner and two time Iron Man, into get his percentage measured. He did. And I was a full 3% lower. Oh, Hellz yes!!
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My first mini goal is to get to 195lbs by Aug. and start my laser hair removal treatment :)
    My second mini goal to get to 175 will be a hydro-therapy session.
    Both of which are from "groupon" :)
  • caswell806
    caswell806 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the reward thing. I just reached my mini-goal of the halfway mark and am going to reward myself with a new pair of workout shoes. I never had a pair just for this. Done the whole first half with my every day shoes. So ready to kick the next half's butt a lot more comfortably. About the tattoo. It may be the inspiration you need to stay on track. I'm not a big tattoo guy but to each is own. If it helps I say go for it.
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't reward myself. I try not to attach any reward/punishment stimuli to my weight loss, or I start to feel guilty and sad when I mess up. But if I had to frame something as a "reward", I'd say I'm a lot more confident with what I'm wearing when I reach a goal, and allow myself to start taking a few more fashion "risks". I'm not sure if that's a reward or just something that happens, but it always makes me feel nice to see myself pull off something that I might have been apprehensive about wearing when my weight was a little higher.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I like to get myself fitness related rewards. I've come to really love wearing athletic clothes lol. The confidence is reward enough though truthfully!
  • chainsaw87
    chainsaw87 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm at 296.4 right now and at 250 my wife is buying me a new bike( i used to ride bmx). My rewards though are looking better and eventually being able to shop at any store I want.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you put the tattoo your weight shouldn't really affect it. I have one in my side that I got when I was heavier and I've gained and lost 15 or so pounds around that weight and the tat never changed.
  • chainsaw87
    chainsaw87 Posts: 11
    Options
    I like all the people who want tattoos. I am an "art collector" myself. I have 11 tattoos, and will add more as I drop the weight.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal it will be time to go shopping for a completely new wardrobe. I don't have clothing lying around in my goal size because I haven't been there. And also, some really cute workout tops. It might be wishful thinking though. I have a tricky body to fit.

Along the way, I have been getting a few new items here and there. (Getting new bras was really high on my list)
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Once i passed 10 lbs mark I stopped thinking about any material rewards.
    I have an old pair of diesel jeans that i have not been able to fit in for the last 8-9 years, once I get to 140 138 I should be able to fit in them
    That would be my reward.
  • jah0217
    jah0217 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am really goal-oriented, so i give myself lots of little rewards or fitness based rewards...

185 ItWorks Wrap (I would be a whole pant size smaller without the loose skin from having a baby 7 weeks ago)
    180 Work out clothes (probably a great bra and/or yoga pants)
    175 Cut/color (haven't had a cut since before the baby and a color in years!)
    170 Mani/Pedi (rest my tired feet ;))
    165 Turbo Fire (help get that last little bit!)
    160 Facial (never had one, so why not???)
    155 New bridle (something I've really wanted, and riding is part of why I'm loosing the weight0
    150 New wardrobe (duh!!!)
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had decided that for every 5 pounds lost, I would treat myself to a deep tissue massage. Since I just got my first 5 off, now I need to go find someone, the one MT I know stopped doing deep tissue, think she was having hand problems. Anyone tried this new chain called "Massage Envy"? Just want to make sure they are certified and it is a good place to go.

I am also giving myself little treats for sticking to MFP, showing up to log and keeping on track; like new weight training gloves, new workout clothes maybe even a waterproof iPod is in my swimming future!

No punishments, though. Just dust off and begin again.
  • xcazax
    xcazax Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I reward myself after each gym session by going to the jacuzzi afterwards - feels lovely and relaxing.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I got a new tattoo after I lost 20 pounds. When I hit my goal weight I'm getting another one. :)
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    that is a lovely idea and im sure you're grandpa is looking down on you and is extremely proud of all your achievements, well done for your weight loss and good luck on the rest of your journey!! :smile: