Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

50 Days No Sugar Challenge

ajhr
ajhr Posts: 92 Member
Hi all,
A friend of mine got me on to this challenge commencing July 1:

Reduce your intake of juice, soda, ice-cream, lolly/sweets, pastries, white processed carbs, diet products and sugar in coffee/tea. Opt for wholegrain carbs and fresh produce washed down with loads of H20. 50 days from July 1 2012.

The challenge is run by Natalie Carter of New Outlook Fitness in Sydney, Australia (disclaimer: I do not know her, nor have she and I ever exchanged money). You can register for the challenge via her website: http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/
Registering will sign you up to receive email updates.

I'm all signed up and raring to go; is anyone interested in joining me? :happy:

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    that doesn't sound like much fun. just sayin.

but, if you wanna go for it for whatever reason, good luck.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i already do low carb.. so uh.

but no diet drinks? HA! i'd be so dehydrated.
  • Eh if my birthday wasn't during the challenge i'd consider doing it... idk maybe
  • tazzamac
    tazzamac Posts: 10 Member
    Sounds great and is similar to a clean diet anyways. Good luck with it! I would like to do it but don't have much faith in myself at the moment to not give in to my chocolate addiction!

I have actually significantly lowered my 'added' sugar intake lately though, but I'm just wondering what her take is on fruit? My 'cleanish' (!) diet has me eating a lot of fruit because it's natural and I love it, but it keeps my overall sugar intake quite high. Does she tell you to cut right down on it?
  • anku08
    anku08 Posts: 82 Member
    hey i wud like to join it... how cn i register?
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    lol.

Might as well try the No Air Challenge after you're done with this idiotic endeavor.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    That doesn't actually sound too dissimilar to how I eat anyway! I'm not a great fan of sugar and try and avoid it in processed foods - so like you've said, I'll try and opt for wholemeal/grain rather than white (though pasta and rice I will still go for refined - but that's more to do with my boyfriend's preferences as we eat/live together). I've never been a fan of fruit juice (I was the kid that always watered it down) and if I have refined sugar now I tend to get a bit hyperactive and I can't sleep!

I find cutting cakes, chocolate, sweets etc fairly easy as I don't have a sweet tooth (I might be lucky like that) but my sugar does come in these forms...

Alcohol
    Birthday/Occasion Cake
    Fruit

However I DO use aspartame sweetener and drink diet soda on occasion which can also be controversial for some people, but it's my personal choice.
    : )
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Hi all,

Reduce your intake of juice, soda, ice-cream, lolly/sweets, pastries, white processed carbs, diet products and sugar in coffee/tea. Opt for wholegrain carbs and fresh produce washed down with loads of H20. 50 days from July 1 2012.

The challenge is run by Natalie Carter of New Outlook Fitness in Sydney, Australia (disclaimer: I do not know her, nor have she and I ever exchanged money). You can register for the challenge via her website: http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/

I've been doing it for a few months now, you enjoy the experience and weight loss :)

I don't do any kind of grains either ... I know, completely bonkers, I shall die of a clogged colon or something ;)
  • ajhr
    Sounds great and is similar to a clean diet anyways. Good luck with it! I would like to do it but don't have much faith in myself at the moment to not give in to my chocolate addiction!

I have actually significantly lowered my 'added' sugar intake lately though, but I'm just wondering what her take is on fruit? My 'cleanish' (!) diet has me eating a lot of fruit because it's natural and I love it, but it keeps my overall sugar intake quite high. Does she tell you to cut right down on it?

My understanding is that you can have 1-2 serves of low-sugar fruit (apples, berries, grapefruit, rockmelon/cantaloupe - there may be others?) per day. For some, that will mean cutting right down. For others (myself included), it will mean focussing on specific varieties.

Re: chocolate addiction - It's called a challenge for a reason ;)
  • ajhr
    hey i wud like to join it... how cn i register?

Hey,
    Just go to http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/ and hit the link to register. Good luck!
  • ajhr
    lol.

Might as well try the No Air Challenge after you're done with this idiotic endeavor.

Do you have a link for that one? I'm intrigued.
  • ajhr
    Hi all,

I've been doing it for a few months now, you enjoy the experience and weight loss :)

I don't do any kind of grains either ... I know, completely bonkers, I shall die of a clogged colon or something ;)

Grain-free doesn't sound too crazy to me, but then, I'm Coeliac ;)

Glad to hear you've had a positive sugar-free experience :)
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    I'm doing it! It's going to be awesome!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    I'm in....but I have been eating like this since march.....and love it. I only drink water too.
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi, I would like to join in. This is how I am trying to eat, and having never done a challenge before it will be good for me!
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Register for this challenge at http://www.newoutlookfitness.com.au/