I cant seem to loose weight

Options
im working out 12x a week , morning and evening followed by 30 minutes cardio which is an hour of cardio in a day BUT my weight just doesnt decrease at all.

I've been doing this for a month now.

Replies

• LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats a lot of work out... whats your aim ??? how many calories are you eating ?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    your food log isn't open so we can't scrutinize it.
    are you losing inches perhaps? measure yourself!
    are you gaining muscle? eating junky food? too many bad carbs?
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    surely you mean "lose"...........
  • skinnnyfat123
    Options
    Good advice would require your weight, estimate of Body fat percentage and diiet.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    12 times a week? You have to be kidding me, this is totally unnecessary. I would put money on the fact that you are actually under eating. Please post your age, height, gender, weight and total calorie Intake.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    as has been said please open your diary or we cant realy help.
  • ballack11
    ballack11 Posts: 6
    Options
    im a noob , i have no idea how to open that diary thing ur talking bout.

and i dont really have specific meals , i'll jz eat anything cooked or buy something outside.

But i still would expect to see results with that much workout.
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    There's a saying "You can't out exercise a bad diet "
    Go settings at the top of the page to open your diary. Give a little more info and hopefully someone can help you.
  • ballack11
    Options
    12 times a week? You have to be kidding me, this is totally unnecessary. I would put money on the fact that you are actually under eating. Please post your age, height, gender, weight and total calorie Intake.

yep 12 x , if im under eating then shouldnt i still be loosing weight?

age - 22

weight - 84 kg

height - 1.74 m
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    To open your diary - on MFP go to "Settings", then "Profile privacy settings", then choose your preference from the drop down menu.

Although you are working out a tremendous amount - probably overkill actually, most of this is about nutrition, - what you put in your mouth. The working out, although great for you, will help your body composition and burn calories but. again, the most impact comes from watching what you eat - hence the food diary.

As a newbie you will find that folks are pretty helpful here but we need to know something about you before we can help you. Please fill out your profile so we understand your goals. Actually, just the act of filling out your profile will probably help you quantify your goals for yourself.

good luck!
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options

age - 22

weight - 84 kg

height - 1.74 m

umm, not really because that would mean your body would be in starvation mode and storing any amount of fat, sugar and calories that it could possibly absorb.resulting in no weight loss because it just holds on for dear life to anything you put in,
  • ballack11
    Options
    To open your diary - on MFP go to "Settings", then "Profile privacy settings", then choose your preference from the drop down menu.

Although you are working out a tremendous amount - probably overkill actually, most of this is about nutrition, - what you put in your mouth. The working out, although great for you, will help your body composition and burn calories but. again, the most impact comes from watching what you eat - hence the food diary.

As a newbie you will find that folks are pretty helpful here but we need to know something about you before we can help you. Please fill out your profile so we understand your goals. Actually, just the act of filling out your profile will probably help you quantify your goals for yourself.

good luck!

thx.
  • ballack11
    Options

age - 22

weight - 84 kg

height - 1.74 m

umm, not really because that would mean your body would be in starvation mode and storing any amount of fat, sugar and calories that it could possibly absorb.resulting in no weight loss because it just holds on for dear life to anything you put in,

my body inside can actually do stuff without my permission? :O
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Your welcome.

Now that you have opened up your diary it is clear that you have not been tracking what you are eating. Actually the way you answered the question was already a "heads up" that there is some learning to do about healthy eating.

That's OK as we all have been in the same place. I am learning something new every single day about how to fuel my body better. do yourself a favor and do some research on the site about nutrition. Search through the boards for topics regarding healthy eating - there is a lot to learn there. You will eventually have to decide what works for you - everyone is different.

For me, my biggest lesson has been that I simply was not eating enough. I am amazed that this is so counter to what I had long thought was correct - the less I ate the more I'd lose. In fact, I have lost little but my body has changed significantly - just in a couple of months. Every single second I make a choice to benefit my body - eat, sleep, exercise, enjoy...whatever!

As for other posters saying you probably are not eating enough - and from your own posts you are indicating the same. Do some research on Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) - this is the base caloric intake your body needs just to keep the mechanism going, NOT counting the workouts, walking, cleaning or anything you are asking your body to do over and above keeping you alive. Here are links to sort out your own stats:

- To calculate BMR, Fat % for yourself go to this link: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

- Another BMR calculator here - Easy & Accurate TDEE calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

Since you have posted you have already learned that this is not just about getting your body moving - and moving IS a great thing - it is about how to get yourself FIT and healthy. As you learn more you will find that this will permeate through your whole life beyond weight management as you will want to be healthy in every respect.

Again - do your homework and good luck to you.
  • ballack11
    Options
    i think i'll pay a visit to a dietician since im a total noob in calorie count also.
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 70% food and 30% exercise. Sort out your food intake (lots of info above) and then start working out.

Calorie deficit >>>>>>>>> Working out 12x a week!
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just input your stats; you're BMI is 27.7.

This is only just overweight. Under 25 BMI is considered healthy.

As you are close to healthy, you will lose weight SLOWER then someone with a high BMI.

Don't aim to lose more than half a pound (250g) per week. Slower is healthier! Good luck.
  • suki1405
    suki1405 Posts: 1
    Options
    The simple way someone explained it to me so I understood is Keep away from processed food, eat fresh. Higher your protein and lower your carbs. Carbs turns to sugar and fuel your body and thats all you will burn before burning any fat and thats part reason why so no matter how much you train you will struggle to lose but will maintain. Eat more protein such as white meat , turkey, chicken and fish. Plenty of fresh veg such as brocolli, green beans etc. Lower any diary if you you have to have any at all. Keep up with plenty of water. If you don't eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and you will struggle to lose weight.