Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Look out world... IM BACK !

Hello to all. My name is Amanda, I am 24yo and I live in Lovely Las Vegas, NV. I started my weight loss journey near the end of December 2011. I was able to take off 31 # before I slowly slipped off my diet. I have gained back 6 of those pounds recently and have decided to get back on track and to finish off losing the other half of my weight to reach my goal. I am currently at 182 and my GW is between 150-155 ( im 5'6) and I hope to reach it by late October. I realized that a major reason I stopped coming on here and then watched the dominos continue to tumble until I was eating whatever, whenever, was because I had a very poor support group. I had about 20-30 'friends' that hardly responded to any of my posts, or accomplishments, and when they did the responses were generic. So I am in search of a handful of supporters and future buddies to take this journey with me that will actually be supportive and attentive so I don't fail this time. I am a night owl so most of my posting is at night, and my food log is a little weird lol. Also I plan to restart the c25k again soon ( I have to let an ankle sprain heal first) and am going to be getting a gym membership soon. So yeah that about covers it. Send me a pm if you'd like to be a supporter [ ) and to gain one in return of course. Please include some info about you in the message. HAVE A GREAT DAY and remember to NEVER STOP STRIVING !

Replies

• margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    I'm back again and after having a weigh in this morning after a few months of ignoring my eating. Oh Dear I've put on about 15 pounds :(
  • Strivn2day_4aBtrTmrow
    Strivn2day_4aBtrTmrow Posts: 88 Member
    It's the worst ! I was so happy to have taken off 30# n now I have to start all over again it seems. BUT atleast Im not looking at a 60# weight loss now so that is a plus.... just remember you can never 'Fail' as long as you learn from your mistakes and keep trying ! [ )
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    I have a very similar story! I started in December of 2011, lost 21 pounds, then put 7 back on. I restarted in April and have now kicked those 7 plus 5 more for a total loss of 26 pound.

I'm 5'5 3/4" (that 3/4" is important haha), CW 194.4 GW 150-160? I'd love to reach it by my wedding (October 27) but I'd be thrilled to get to 175 by then.

I love supporting my friends and getting support from them in return - it's definitely crucial to my success!