Looking for women who had C-Sections!

Options

Replies

• myf1101
    myf1101 Posts: 99
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections and my children are 20 and 17. Still got my pouch and was told by a doctor after my second that I would be unlikely to rid myself of a slight overhang and get my flat belly back because they had cut through the muscle - and guess what - so far i haven't. Mind you I have always been curvy and never had a flat stomach so at the time it didn't bother me much. I msu say though that since starting this journey and exercising I have found that the pouch is decreasing and am hoping to get rid of so much overhang and reduce the sweating underneath. Good luck to you all.
  • aminarand
    aminarand Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have had 2 C sections and prior to falling pregnant had the FLATTEST tummy ever!! But now I am running every day for 30 minutes and it is slowly disappearing. My kids are 3 and 5 years old!
    RUN, Run, run!!!
    I can see a small difference weekly but the wee pouch just wants to hang around for memory sake!!!!

Hoping when I get to my target weight it will be a goner! Lets see!! IT WILL GO!!! Keep telling myself that..
  • mightymac
    mightymac Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It must be the type of cut you get. I have the up-and-down C-section and no pooch, though it looks as though my butt crack spread up my stomach.

haha yeah me too i got the vertical cut with my 2nd baby, had the horizontal with the first, and yup got the pooch, and damn it 2 scars to boot! at least when my kids ask mum where did we come out, they have a scar each lol
  • PreciousVirgo
    PreciousVirgo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 C-Sections (2007/2008/2011) and all 3 were Horizontal. I have the pouch too, but its slowly tightening and flattening. I'm working on the Jullian Micheals 30 Day Shred plus chasing 3 boys and walking/running around a lot and everything is slowly working. I guess it all depends on your daily activities plus what you consume also...but whatever you do (most of the time) for us women who have had C-Sections, we can't count our Carbs because that causes the weight to come on worse, at least that been my experience. My mom also had a C-Section with my sister 22 yrs ago and my scars are 1/3 the size of hers and she even has the pouch and i notice as she loses her weight and gains it (like the usual roller coaster of doom) hers "disappears" but always returns. But I say to anyone and everyone take your time and try it the natural way before using the alternatives because if it wasn't for our scars, we wouldn't have our beautiful children to love endlessly.
  • BabyGrl726
    BabyGrl726 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    one c-section 3 years ago. i have a pouch now but after i had my daughter it went away...i drank lots of water to retain skin elasticity. took a multivitamin, and lots and lots of cardio. also ab workouts to restrengthen the cut muscle. for me it pulled everything back into place.

i am hoping my tummy and pouch will go back to that when i hit my goal weight this time.
  • presscilla
    presscilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I had a c-section twenty years ago. My incision is up and down. I remember doing a lot of cardio and karate crunches; would lay flat on the floor with my knees bent. instead of lifting he whole upper body I would lift just enough to feel the muscle reaching for my toes with my arms and hold it for 10 seconds @ 10 times (add more gradually). Then lay my knees to the left flat on the floor and do it again and then do the right. A girl friend of mine was in karate; we were working out together and she passed it on.

Now that I'm older in my mid-forties. I'm hoping it will work again (or that I can do it). I put on a lot of weight over the last couple of years from a back injury and haven't been able to work out; not the way I'm accustomed to..

Good luck to all!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The OP is just the same as me - c-section with my first and VBAC with my second. I haven't completely got rid of the scar lump, but it's a lot better than it was.
  • sweetgeek793
    Options
    I had my c section in 2000 and still have a pouch around the scar at my lightest it was just a ridge and not noticeable I hate now that I can see the ridge when wearing some clothes always wear sloggi control at work as have to wear tailored clothes and they hide pouch
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section at the age of 37 - no problems with a pouch! I am now almost 42 and lost 30 pounds since last Oct (closer to 50 pounds since 2010). Alot of that weight was gained post pregnancy though. I was 162 or so when I got pregnant, only gained about 15 pounds when pregnant (because I was so sick the first trimester and lost weight). Got back down to 165 or so, but then started gaining weight up to about 183. So maybe it helps that my belly wasn't stretched so much during pregnancy. Never had problem with stretch marks either pregnancy.

Its all about losing enough weight and lowering body fat - unless the problem is loose skin - then only time and possibly a tummy tuck can help! I run 3x a week and do kettlebell workouts 3x a week. Plus other various bike riding, hiking, and walking. Down to 134 now - ab 24% body fat (although this pic is slightly heavier and more BF):

2nbdoqq.jpg

I am lighter and have a lower BF than you but still have a pouch. I do have a lot of stretch marks, but the whole shape of my abdomen has changed with having a c-section.
  • Onira76
    Onira76 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had a c section because one of my twin sons was breach so they cut me up and sewed me back....you can barely see the scar but the belly hath no fury!!!

I never used to gain this much weight on my stomach but ever since pregnancy it seems its like a magnet for fat. I need to get it off now!! My trainer the other day told me thats the last place weight will come off....so great I'll be an apple : /

Add me for motivation we need all that we can get especially when it comes to this kangaroo pouch that we all want to get rid of!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    For many, it won't mater how much water you drink, how much cardio you do, or how clean you eat...you're just not going to get rid of it. I didn't have a pooch, I had a FLAP. I could pick it up and make funny shapes out of it, I bent over and it hung at least 6" from my body. I had been running for 3 years, weight lifting heavy for 2 years, at goal weight for 1 year and none of that helped reduce. Sometimes surgery is the only way!
  • tikab89
    tikab89 Posts: 29
    Options
    Had a c-section with my 2nd baby in December, he is now 6 months and I still have a pouch!

I had my youngest in Dec also! But she was a Vbac! If she wouldn't have came on her own, I would've had a repeat c/s on Dec 29th.
  • tikab89
    Options
    I have had 3 sections, first was 16 yrs ago, the last was 3 yrs ago....I have never been able to get rid completely, but that is because I have loose skin, no elasticity, this is a bit different then weak muscles and fat in that area with women who have had sections but have elasticity ....Depends on what your issue is. I have used some exercise to get rid, but mostly its food, certain foods help get rid of that fat...Mine is the smallest it's ever been, but I will never have a flat tummy unless I have surgery....but before I ever consider that, I am doing everything possible thru diet and exercise to get it as flat as possible..I will post my tummy on my profile pic, if u wanna see! Eat clean train smart! Good luck! I have it almost completely down to the point there was almost no fat, but just skin.

WOW!!! You look incredible! I You give me hope. Even if I can get my pouch down to that I'd be 100% satisfied!
  • tikab89
    Options
    For many, it won't mater how much water you drink, how much cardio you do, or how clean you eat...you're just not going to get rid of it. I didn't have a pooch, I had a FLAP. I could pick it up and make funny shapes out of it, I bent over and it hung at least 6" from my body. I had been running for 3 years, weight lifting heavy for 2 years, at goal weight for 1 year and none of that helped reduce. Sometimes surgery is the only way!

I wouldn't mind surgery after I lost all the weight. But I doubt I'm done having kids, so I don't have to have a tummy tuck yet. Some of these stories give me hope. All in all, I guess we just have to work off the weight first and then take it from there. I plan to do the JM 30 day shred after I finish Insanity. I'm going to try whatever I can to get this pouch gone as best as I can. I am a stay at home mom so I can only work out while the kids are napping. Hoping to get a gym membership soon as the Ymca so I can swim also.
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I've had 3 as I don't dilate and hate my stomache
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i had 4 csection n had a hernia, so i'm working it all off.
  • Gaubelau
    Gaubelau Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello,
    I gained 5 stones (30kgs) during pregnancy and had an emergency c section. The surgeon apologised afterwards for the scar but the damage is done. The pouch is most definitely there to stay... I do cardio 4 times a week and I look better but still have a pouch. Am hoping less bread and longer cardio sessions are going to shift most of it.
    Am happy to know I am not the only one with that issue :-) Add me, we ll support each bother nd exchange tips and results...
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections, and numerous surgeries for removal of scarred tissue., hysterectomy , etc ..I have the pouch, but thankfully , it is smaller now since I have lost weight. I do not know if I can ever get rid of it. At 65 yrs of age, That gone would truly make me a happy camper.:)
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    It must be the type of cut you get. I have the up-and-down C-section and no pooch, though it looks as though my butt crack spread up my stomach.

^this
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No C-sections, but 3 abdominal sugeries where the incision was vertical and about 9 inches long each time. (last surgery was 7 yrs ago). I am now a size 4-6 & my stomach is finally flat but I still have a tiny pooch. I do lots of cardio and pilates. Ive come a long way but still have a little ways to go. I'm just thankful to be alive and to not have to wear my Spanx and body shapers everyday like I used to. LOL