What restaurants do you go to that serve healthy food?

Options
Howdy!
I was looking for some chain restaurants that you know serve more than one meal that is low calorie and healthy :)
Tell me where you go and what you get!

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Red lobster is amazing, so many healthy options. Also Panera is really good.
    For fast food, my favorite is pita pit (may be a midwest thing), because subway has such high sodium.
    As with any restaurants, I try and watch out for sodium, because many of the chains love the stuff.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've recently switched from the oven roasted chicken breast sub from Subway to the veggie delite. That's what I'd recommend if you ever go there! No cheese or creamy sauces. Without glancing at the exact nutrition specifics, I think it's ~480 calories for a footlong on wheat! The sodium isn't sky-high like it would be with the meats either. It's filling, too :) Definitely worth trying if you haven't before!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We like Applebees and Bob Evans around us. All chains now have full nutrition on their websites. Just check out the ones around you before you head out. If you eat at a local restaurant not a chain try for unsauced chicken breast that is grilled, and a steamed veggies/plain potato side.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Chains are typically a wash for food that is both healthy AND decent tasting. I can't say I agree with the Panera recommendation at all. Most of their stuff tastes like the low quality, previously frozen food it is.

Bertucci's is pretty good though, and they will accommodate substitutions and such (at least the one near me does). And Ruby Tuesday's salad bar is great.
  • vilmafraguada
    vilmafraguada Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like Panera, Subway, Good Earth, Kona Grill but I'm also learning that I can go to any restaurant and order the right things and enjoy myself. If I have special dinner plans I plan my food accordingly and defintely leave room for a glass or two of wine :)
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Longhorn steak house has a 500 calories and under menu section. Also the red rock shrimp there is pretty decent and reasonable for calories

Applebees has a good tilapia plate.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Mimi's Cafe has a great fresh and fit menu. The calories are right on the menu for you. Tasty as well.
  • MerBear1FL
    MerBear1FL Posts: 32
    Options
    I have had recent success with P.F. Chang's and Longhorn Steakhouse.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
    I was looking for some chain restaurants that you know serve more than one meal that is low calorie and healthy :)
    Tell me where you go and what you get!

In the UK my favourite places are....

Harvester (free unlimited salad bar, the main menu has all the calories on them and you can choose any side order of your choice instead of what you are given)

I also like Subway for takeout lunch, they again have a low fat/low calorie menu which is delicious.

Pizza Express - I love their 500 calorie pizza :)
  • skirtlongjacket
    skirtlongjacket Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Houlihan's has some smaller dinners available that taste just great and are a normal portion size, as well as delicious and creative salads. I can't believe you people choose to spend money at Applebee's, barf. If it comes down to that just cook for yourself.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    none.
    When I go out, I want fabulous food.
    I can have celery dipped in Greek yogurt with a cube of tofu at home.
    :sick:
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options

In the UK my favourite places are....

Harvester (free unlimited salad bar, the main menu has all the calories on them and you can choose any side order of your choice instead of what you are given)

I also like Subway for takeout lunch, they again have a low fat/low calorie menu which is delicious.

Pizza Express - I love their 500 calorie pizza :)

That useful to know as I have not been to Harvester in years!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Already mentioned but +1 for Mimi's Cafe and Panera Bread. Great choices and nutrition info right on the menu.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If you live in Chicago or Washington D.C., Protein Bar is amazing. Lots of great options for high protein, low calorie.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Outback Steakhouse, just don't get a Bloom'n Onion. You can get your steak cooked with little to no seasoning and no butter and get steamed veggies as well as baked or sweet potatoes plain. And believe it or not it still tastes good. It's a lot better than Longhorn Steakhouse, when we ordered are steak unseasoned there it tastes like a shoe. They drench it in buttery goodness at Longhorn to disguise the tasted of their meat in my opinion. Outback's steaks are good naked as well as seasoned.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Applebee's, Chili's or Ruby Tuesday -
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you people choose to spend money at Applebee's, barf. If it comes down to that just cook for yourself.

Seriously. I can't believe I'm about to type this but you can eat better, for both your health and your dollar, at most fast food places than you can at Applebee's.
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! How about.. any restaurants that are just off limit to you?
  • DeniseB0711
    DeniseB0711 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    NOthing, unless I make it at home I really don't full myself into thinking its Healthy. Like another poster here, it either tastes good, or its Healthy but its rarely both.

Denise