Anyone else get sick from fast food?

Options
I've been dieting pretty consistently now since January, and while I've had a few (okay, quite a lot of) chocolate/biscuit related blips, I've cut out all fast food and fried food since then.

This weekend I decided to have some as a treat (BBQ chicken and chips), and it instantly made me sick. The next day I went out for breakfast (included fried bacon) and the same thing happened. Is this just coincidence, or is it possible to develop an intolerance for fried food?

Replies

• amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can't really eat fried food either, it just makes me feel incredibly full and bloated. Even if I am incredibly hungry, I can eat one onion ring and I am instantly full for what seems like a whole day lol :laugh: . Luckily, I have never really liked fried food much anyway.
  • Awake_Alive
    Awake_Alive Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't know about fried food, but I cut out grains 3 weeks ago, and ate some this week for the first time. I felt like shiz. FOR DAYS!

It does seem like your body gets used to eating a certain way, and kind of rebels when you get out of line. It's just not worth it to me anymore!

Good luck!
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    Same here, I used to love me some fried food. Started eating healthier and cutting out junk. My unit went out to a fast food spot after an airport run to deploy a member of our squadron. I almost didn't make it back to the base! I felt terrible all day!
  • pinkly14fun2
    Options
    Even before my journey, I would joke that you just "rent" fast food as it always made me sick afterwards. If that would have stopped me, I wouldn't be here now trying to reverse its ill effects. Certain foods will bother you now you are eating cleaner. Keep it up and soon you will find a "healthier" version when you need a treat! Good luck!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty healthy at home and when I go out for fast food I have to be very careful what I eat or I get sick. French fries and things like that are the worst. Plain burgers are fine.

My body isn't used to the large volumes of fat any more.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I used to love Subway's cookies, but now I find them vile. I had one today for a "treat" and I really didn't feel treated at all. The only thing that stopped me from throwing it out after the first bite is that I hate to waste food. :/
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I walked past a KFC today, and felt like throwing up at the sheer stench of the Fat.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    It makes me sick (my weakness is nuggets) but I still eat it. But much much much less. Like twice a month.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Yup. Can't really eat it anymore. I can eat a few things from Taco Bell without too much reprocussion but McDonalds or BK. Ugh. Makes me feel awful
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to eat fried food, it's always made me sick. I've never really eaten fast food, but I imagine it's the same.
  • joandxx
    joandxx Posts: 8
    Options
    Ya same for me! I think its when your body gets used to eating healthy then when you eat high fatty/unhealthy stuff it just doesn't know what to do! Whenever I have chocolate or sweets or any kind of fast food like takeaways I honestly cant eat that much without my stomach saying NOOO haha think its probably a good thing I suppose!
  • Blaineyyy
    Blaineyyy Posts: 151
    Options
    If it doesn't put me in a bad physical state, it puts me in a bad mental state. I'll feel bad for AGES for eating it, and probably eat more. But yeah, I do feel iffy when I eat from fast food places. Then again, I don't really trust food I don't make myself, so each to their own!
  • Corrie_Lynn
    Corrie_Lynn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yep, I can't eat fast food, it makes me so queasy! Actually lots of restaurant food in general doesn't really agree with me. I don't know what it is that some generic restaurants to when they cook their food but it's just not something that I can digest very well. I tend to get salads when we do go out places.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I think that once you start eating cleaner, your body rejects anything that's not good for you, especially if you eat the "bad" food in larger quantities. I ate part of a cheese whopper not too long ago and nearly barfed. All the fat in it got to me, I guess. I was queasy for hours. :sick: Maybe all the sugar in the bbq sauce got to you.
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    KFC gets me... I have a hankering about once a year. I usually toss it up about an hour after eating it. My body really does not like fried food any more...
  • adephoto
    adephoto Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Once you start nurturing your body with clean foods and try to go back to the fast food, fried food or even junk from the grocery store your body will immediately let you know that it can't thrive on what you just fed yourself.

I have to say even the smell of McDonald's burgers now makes me sick! Good luck!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Seems to be a theme in all the posts, and I'm no different! I do not tolerate high-fat content foods, fried, baked, fast food, or otherwise. Sometimes I'm nauseous and sometimes it just goes right through me, if you know what I mean. :)

I also have noticed I cannot tolerate high levels of sugar. Sure, I have an occasional cookie or what-not and I have one or two pieces (small pieces) of chocolate, usually dark, every day. But, I try to eat a piece of cake with that butter cream icing on it - or any similar sort of high sugar food - and I get horrible headaches and my stomach can get somewhat upset as well.

The last thing I've noticed is that it makes me quite sick to "overeat". I don't mean binging, just eating a larger than normal meal on a special occasion or whatever. It doesn't seem to matter if it's "good" food or not, either. I end up very nauseous and I have thrown up.

I guess, overall, these are good things! My body is saying "Hey, stupid, stop eating that junk or I WILL make you pay!"
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Same here. I just can't really handle fatty foods anymore.
  • brightnewday
    brightnewday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep, it makes me sick too. Every once in a while I'll crave an egg mcmuffin and hashbrowns from McDonalds (of all things, I don't know why...) and ate that a few months ago and was, uh, how to put this lightly... in the bathroom almost instantly. My body was telling me, "oh hell no!". I used to love fast food and ate it almost daily. No wonder I was sick all the time...
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have that not actually sick but I get a really unhappy tummy for eating overly greasy food and pop has started doing it to me as well. Well I discovered that today!