Great job!
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I have lost 27 so far, but am strugglying to move the last 15 or so pounds....any tips for the final stretch?
  • fieldskathy
    fieldskathy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YOU are AWESOME!!!!! What an inspiration!!!! What tips do you have for beginners ? How did you get started and then stick with it?
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! We are the same height and started out about the same weight, but I'm stuck with trying to get those last 20 pounds off. Your pictures give me a point of reference as to what I can look forward to. You are a beautiful young lady.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    What an awesome job you've done. You look fantastic. I hope your enjoying the new you :happy:
  • soph501
    soph501 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your lovely comments :)

For those asking about the final 15-20lbs; they were definitely the hardest. I found that it was a slower process, so I didn't expect a big loss every week. I found that it was very important not to find this discouraging and to keep at it. I also found that increasing my exercise helped a lot too.

Most importantly I found the key was not to starve myself. I had a long plateau at 130lbs but I noticed I had been netting my calories at below 1200 for most of the week. I found that once I had started netting at 1400-1600 a day, the weight started to come off again and I felt much better in myself (more energy etc).

Fieldskathy, the only advice I have really is to think about your plan in the long term, try to have a loose plan of your meals and exercise in advance if you can, but also know that the odd treat every now and again is a good thing. I think I have definitely learnt that 'everything in moderation' is the way to go.

If anyone would like to add me, feel free. I'd like to think I'm a pretty supportive MFP friend ;)
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    Great job! Just amazing!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's inspiring to hear stories like yours, that it's possible to reach a goal that you never have before (even as a teenager). It reminds me that all things are possible!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference. You look fantastic!
  • betterme1291
    Options
    looking good! congrats on reaching your goal
  • 140Aimee
    140Aimee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :) Well done
  • Dj3324
    Dj3324 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    fabulous hunny, well done
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Wooooo hooooO! Good for you!! :) Must feel amazing
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done you look fantastic :-)
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Wow, how'd you do it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!