hey all! Newbie here looking for support and encouragement!

Options
I am so ready to feel good about my body!! I get frustrated easily when I don't see results right away, which leads me to quit. PLEASE help me to not be a quitter this time!! I love food WAY too much!

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You've made the best start by joining this site. It is fantastic for help and support once you have built up a network of friends. Good luck on your journey

Linda
  • angelicahinkle
    Options
    Im right there with you. Today has started my new me phase. I am nervous because I have always given up. Im sure if we all support each other it will be great. GOOD LUCK!
  • 2369a2369
    2369a2369 Posts: 8
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have only been at this for 3 days. Talking to you makes me lesson to myself. You have to start somewhere. Take care of yoursefe! and be kind to you! Give yourself some flowers or something to show "you" you are doing and are going to do well. Treat "you" as you would treat someone you didnt want to hurt their feelings. If you cant take it day by day, then try min. by min. Maybe tell jokes!
  • 2369a2369
    Options
    Way is it that your free weights don't count toward your daily food?
  • 2369a2369
    Options
    someone please talk to me. I need you!
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been in the same boat, but this time I logged in to MFP, and I haven't given up yet. It's been a real life saver for me. I think I might actually get to my goal weight this time. Such a good feeling! :)
    Don't give up, use this site and the people to help motivate you, you will do just fine.
  • smithhm12
    smithhm12 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me! I am always looking for new friends to help keep my support structure strong. This is an awesome website. Good luck on your journey!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    It's ok to love food...you just gotta learn to love the RIGHT foods...add me if you want encouragement :)
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • csmoore039
    csmoore039 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started three weeks ago tomorrow and had lost 18 lbs. I weighed this morning and had gained some, but that is ok. I have done very well these last three weeks and had a wedding to go to. I kind of over did it on the food department, but not as bad as if I was not watcing what I eat. I got up this morning and got back with the program! The best thing I ever did is invest in a IPOD! My daughter told me about this site and it has really helped keep me motivated!!!! Hang in there and we all will take it one step at a time!!
  • josephinelucy
    josephinelucy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I wish I had some words of wisdom to give you, as old as I am I should have some, but I have failed in this battle all my life, now at close to 300 lbs the only thing that driving me back to yet another effort is my constant pain. I will pray for God to give me the resolve to make it happen for me this time and I will pray for all of us who are fighting this "losing" battle.
  • 2369a2369
    Options
    I will pray for us also. I did weigh over 300 lb. with lots of pain. It seemed that I would get to a weight and couldnt get past it and would go back up. So now I am trying kg. that way I just know I am loseing. That is all I care about. I am still over 200 lbs. I just dont know how far over. I just just can tell in my close. I also got a dog when I was at 300 lb. so I had to walk her. She really blessed me!! What ever works for you.keep it up. If you want pick me as a friend.
  • barbaracoffing
    barbaracoffing Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You won't quit if you're here! This site is too wonderful:) It helps track your food and exercise, and everyone is so motivating!~ Add me, I'll support you in your goals! I've got 58 lbs to lose!
  • rachey_v
    rachey_v Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've only been doing this for 3 weeks, I have lost approx 10lbs, and 3 inches of waist and 3 inches of hips so far. I also LOVE food, have been doing a LOT of home made recipes though so I can eat way more hehe. I have sent you a friend request, we can motivate eachother :happy:
  • PrezBigGirl
    Options
    I love food and am trying to lose the biggest amount that I have ever had to lose. I am about three weeks in and have only lost 10lbs so far but this site it awesome for keeping me honest. for instance, I thought I did great yesterday as I didn't eat too much (i thought) and I swam for almost two hours. When I logged in what I ate, I had gone over my daily calories my 1100 so I was SOOOOOO wrong about the amount of calories I was guessing that I was eating. Stick with the site because at least you know where you are going wrong and can improve.