SAHM (stay at home moms) and WAHM and dads/exercise

Options
For all my stay at home and work at home moms and dads, how do you find time to workout with the kiddies running around? Lets give some tips for those looking for help!

I either do it during nap time or set them up with some healthy snack, drinks and an activity! Just give me 30 minutes. If they come in the room with me, they've got to join in. Mine are 2 and 4. If you've got younger babies, what do you do????

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My son is 2 years old.

I own a jogging stroller. I run a 1.6 mile trail that has a playground at the end of it. I let him out and he plays for 45min-1hr all the while I am chasing him. Then he gets back in and I run the 1.6 miles back.

I do workout DVDs while he is napping or while he is just waking up in the morning- he likes to just hang out with his sippy when he first wakes up.

Or I still have a super yard that is tall enough to contain him. After he's had breakfast, we've played, I'll set him in there with his toys so I know he's not getting into any trouble.
  • squidgely
    squidgely Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a three year old daughter and a two year old son. I change what exercise I am doing depending on the moods of my children. They rarely nap. Sometimes I do jillian michaels ripped in 30 as the workouts are only 20 minutes long. Sometimes if they are tired and just need to chill out I'll do free running on the wii fit and switch it back onto cbeebies so they can watch preschool programmes while I run. I also run three evenings a week. When my fiancé gets home and the kids are in bed I use a running app and run for 3 miles. It's light for ages at the moment so that works fine, may have to rethink winter. You have to be so creative with workouts when you have young kids don't you? I think it shows how determined we are when we still manage to find time to exercise with toddlers at home.
    X