Help...What am i doing wrong?! D:

Options
Hey there,
I just completed day 7 L1 of the 30DS :]
I do 30 DS in the mornings and I also run 4-6 times a week after work. I drink about 8-14 glasses of water a day and always have a pretty good sized calorie deficit at the end of the day. I've been at this whole "working out and eating better" thing for about 15 days or so and ive only lost 3 or so pounds and then stayed there.

I've been eating foods pretty high in fiber and/or protein as well as staying away from bad fats and candies/cakes, etc.. So I dont really know where I am going wrong or why im not seing results.

I definitely want to complete 30 DS but does anyone have any suggestions for starting something new or doing something different right along with my current regime? My diary is open for all to see, so go ahead and throw your suggestions at me.

Thanks!

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    3 lbs. in 15 days is terrific! It doesn't get much faster than that.

Adding a new workout regimen makes many of us not lose for a while. I'm not sure why. Water retention, maybe? Slight muscle gains? It works out in the end, if you keep it up. Not all positive body changes show up on the scale right away.
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    Hmm, I suppose you are right, Thank you :smile:
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    I'd say 3 lbs in 15 days is awesome. That's nearly 1.5 pounds per week. So I wouldn't fret too much.

Also, looking at the past few days of your diary, I would say the quality of the food you're eating is hurting you. Lots of processed stuff. I don't see any fresh vegetables. You're also not getting enough protein. You can always meet your calorie goal with just about anything, but the quality of what you're eating also matters. I also recommend tracking sodium. I think you're eating a lot of it, and it could be retaining your water weight.
  • vickilambrou
    Options
    I hear you when you say you're not getting the results that you've expected..been there and still am at times but before my body develops a tolerance I try to change either my diet...remember that you need good fats to get rid of bad fats and I've noticed that when I go a bit over my usual calorie intake to distabilise my body I'll be loosing more that week...the 30 DS can create a routine with your body so I switched to level 2 two weeks after... I'll Iagree with McArter saying that you could try measuring yourself...thats my technique because you see results faster...don't give up, you're doing great eating no sweets...:flowerforyou: better to loose or maintain than gain...
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Take measurements!! I have talked to so many people around out age and they all said the same thing they wanted to lose more- then they took measurements. Your body might have gained muscle :) level one i am sure you did!
  • coxy46
    coxy46 Posts: 23
    Options
    I totally agree with measuring yourself. I didnt lose any weight for 5 weeks but lost 8.5", which is far more satisfying.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I don't see any veggies ...... start eating some with each meal ..... that might kickstart something for you :drinker:
  • halliedoll
    Options
    I'd say 3 lbs in 15 days is awesome. That's nearly 1.5 pounds per week. So I wouldn't fret too much.

Also, looking at the past few days of your diary, I would say the quality of the food you're eating is hurting you. Lots of processed stuff. I don't see any fresh vegetables. You're also not getting enough protein. You can always meet your calorie goal with just about anything, but the quality of what you're eating also matters. I also recommend tracking sodium. I think you're eating a lot of it, and it could be retaining your water weight.

Hm, you're right, I didnt even think about the sodium and water retention, thanks!
  • poodlicious
    Options
    Track everything you eat throughout the day and you should be able to see why the weight is not coming off. Don't leave anything out. Are you eating any vegetables?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you are eating enough. 30DS is a pretty good workout so you need to be sure to eat your calories to help your system out. It's not always about creating the biggest deficit.
  • halliedoll
    Options
    I totally agree with measuring yourself. I didnt lose any weight for 5 weeks but lost 8.5", which is far more satisfying.

WOW, thats an incredible amount of inches, thats fantastic. i hope to see similar results after completig 30DS
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Try and minimise the processed foods you eat, and add in vegetables and a few fruits. I cannot imagine having a dinner now without a pile of vegetables with it, and they really do add to that sense of fullness, plus, they brighten up the plate and make a meal much more cheerful. Up the protein with eggs, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, a handful of nuts or seeds, seafood etc.

And also, I have found that when I do an intense workout, I am a few Ibs heavier for a time, due to the muscles retaining fluid, apparently. I have become upset a few times over this, and sort of went back to mainly cycling for my exercise as a result, lol.
  • halliedoll
    Options
    Track everything you eat throughout the day and you should be able to see why the weight is not coming off. Don't leave anything out. Are you eating any vegetables?

I do track everything. every single thing. I dont actually eat vegetables, i take supplements for them, Im probably the weirdest person you will ever meet when it comes to that. Because if i dont like the smell or texture of something, i cant eat it, i just can't. i have terrible gag reflexes. lol. The only veggies i can stan are carriots, peas and green beans (and ofcourse corn and potatoes) but only when those are mixed in with other stuff and cut up into very small pieces so that i can just swallow it like pills..hence i take pills for it. lol.
  • halliedoll
    Options
    Try and minimise the processed foods you eat, and add in vegetables and a few fruits. I cannot imagine having a dinner now without a pile of vegetables with it, and they really do add to that sense of fullness, plus, they brighten up the plate and make a meal much more cheerful. Up the protein with eggs, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt, a handful of nuts or seeds, seafood etc.

And also, I have found that when I do an intense workout, I am a few Ibs heavier for a time, due to the muscles retaining fluid, apparently. I have become upset a few times over this, and sort of went back to mainly cycling for my exercise as a result, lol.

Yes, a lot of people have mentioned the water retention factor. That makes sense. thank you :]
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    What you are doing is working. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RESULTS:drinker:
    Just think long term - 1 lb per week.
    Anything more and you'll gain it all back, and it gets harder and harder to reduce as you age.
    Do it now while you're so young, or you know where it will end.
    Just take a good look at the average person's rear end next time you're at the mall.
    That does not have to be you.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You may think you are getting enough fiber, but from your diary you are not. You should be consuming 25 to 30 grams per day. You are at 10 to 15 grams. Up your fiber.
  • shereemaria
    shereemaria Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You might be a person who does better on a lower carb diet (less than 100g/day, perhaps few on inactive days). I would research it a little bit, there are many, many different (yet similar [Atkins, Keto, Perricone, Zone, Primal, Paleo]) options and opinions out there. But for now, I would try try swapping out your bread/grains/sugar carbs for straight up veggie carbs.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Deffinately take measurements!!
    I did L1 of the 30DS and I lost roughly 3lbs in the 10 days.
    I took measurements before it and measurements after and my waist was a whopping 3" smaller! And my hips were 5" smaller!

Mind you, this was last year, I've put it all back on now :(
  • halliedoll
    Options
    What you are doing is working. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RESULTS:drinker:
    Just think long term - 1 lb per week.
    Anything more and you'll gain it all back, and it gets harder and harder to reduce as you age.
    Do it now while you're so young, or you know where it will end.
    Just take a good look at the average person's rear end next time you're at the mall.
    That does not have to be you.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

haha, aww well thank you very much :]
  • halliedoll
    Options
    Deffinately take measurements!!
    I did L1 of the 30DS and I lost roughly 3lbs in the 10 days.
    I took measurements before it and measurements after and my waist was a whopping 3" smaller! And my hips were 5" smaller!

Mind you, this was last year, I've put it all back on now :(

Wow, those are fabulous results! I measured myself the day before i started 30ds, so i think ill measure myself again after the 10 day mark and see if there was any sort of improvement, I dont see or feel any though :\