Moving back to suburbia!!! Staying fit?

Options
I have established my life in the city the past 5 years, and went from being quite self conscious of my body to now being just about perfect. I attribute much of this to my exercise I get naturally by walking 5 miles a day easily, sometimes 10 (3 miles grocery store and back...3 miles gym...2 miles work....) not only that, but lots of hills, carrying bags etc etc...

I already run on the treadmill 30 minutes a day 5 days a week, so adding that will not do anything. I've considered keeping up my grocery store walks and such, but no one walks the sidewalks unless they are homeless or have a story of some sort. Not to mention its completely BORING. There's not too many hiking trails near by since its flat....

I take pride in my fitness and don't want to lose this! How do I stay fit in suburbia without having to dedicate HOURS on the treadmill? I also don't have much money, which is the reason I'm moving....

Replies

• slived
    slived Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One of the best things about the suburbs is that it's not crowded. You can pretty much get on a tennis court or basketball court any time. Take up such a sport with some new friends. I play volleyball and softball. An hour of a more intense activity would probably expend the same calories as all that walking. Think of it as a new chance to change up your exercise routine. Good luck