Good eating plan for Vegetarian ?

Options
2»

Replies

• SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Read Skinny *****. it has lots of good info. I'm working my way through it now. They say the whole incomplete protein thing is a myth.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Read Skinny *****. it has lots of good info. I'm working my way through it now. They say the whole incomplete protein thing is a myth.

Yup that's what that web addy I previously posted was about, sorry I should have added that.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    ALL STRICT VEGETARIANS ARE AMAZING!!!! :) I wish I could do it.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I want to be a vegetarian ultimately,i eat an occasional fish that is all.

For protein i take protein powder after workout.Other than that i take 1 serving of greek yogurt(22gm ) protein.A lot of pulses and lentils.I keep away from fake meats and soy and all that veggie protein stuff in the super markets.There are a bunch of indian recipes for vegetarians,so i dont find it really difficult to balance my macros.Below is the list.
    1.Spinach dal-Spinach pressure cooked with garlic and lentils with salt and chili powder
    2.Pesarattu- a crepe made from green gram and rice(i use brown rice)(2:1 ratio) ground with green chillies ginger and salt.Super rich in protein.
    The above crepe preperation can be done with any pulses-green gram,black gram,red kidney beans etc..
    3.Upma- i make this with quinoa
    4.I make some protein cookies-protein powder mixed with almond meal,egg and fresh squeezed orange juice/banana,baked in the oven.
    5.Chana Masala- this is a preperation with chick peas,
    these are simple recipes,you can google them and try out,i found most folks like these.
  • kegan5
    kegan5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the tips :) I can't wait to try some new food ideas now... started getting a little 'routine' with what I ate so I'm really excited to try out some yummy stuff x

For the record, I've been veggie since I was little because I didn't like the taste or smell of meat so I guess it's a lot easier for me to stick to the veggie diet... I'm not strict though so depending on what you consider 'vegetarian' I simply don't eat meat... anything like Jelly, sweets etc that contain animal product I do eat (unless I think about what it is then sometimes it'll put me off :s )
  • lower50
    lower50 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am not a vegatarian, but for lunch I love to have Dannon Light n fit vanilla yogurt 6oz, with 2 tablespoons raw slivered almond. I am 53 and never liked yogurt till about 6 months ago. This combo has me hooked.
  • LizzCallahan
    LizzCallahan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try greek yogurt.

I use it in place of sour cream and eat it with dip mix as a veggie mix. I also eat it with other stuff like fruit and honey. It's low calorie and high protein and delicious.