How do YOU log the 30 Day Shred?

Options
Monday I start incorporating the JM 30 Day Shred into my physical activity, but I'm not sure how to log it. Should I log each individual exercise in minutes(ie 3 min cardio, 3 strength, etc) or what? Considering how little I already eat, I think logging it would be helpful (to remind myself to eat more)....I'm just not sure what exactly to put in to my exercise diary. What is everyone else doing with this?

Replies

• towsongrad
    towsongrad Posts: 39
    Options
    You are gonna love 30 day shred :) Well I looked at some topics on here regarding your question and I started logging mines in as "circuit training". Which, in my opinion, is pretty accurate. Once I found out how many calories I was burning per 20 min session, I just added my own exercise as "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred" and used the same calorie burn amount as "circuit training". Just sounded more official to me lol. I think I made it available for others to use in the database, not quite sure.
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    I saw this really cool post on another thread similar to this one and the user said that she found a formula on Jillian Michael's website. A little over 3 calories per lb per hour. (3.167?) When I calculated it, I burned about 191 cals for 20 mins. :)
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM and burn about 180-190. I don't turn the monitor off until my heart rate gets back to within 10-15 bpm of where I started though, so the total workout is usually a bit more (plus I walk my dog while things are coming back down). Hope this helps, and have fun!!
  • towsongrad
    Options
    Oh wow I like that method too..I'm 5'3-5'4, 132 lbs and it says I burn about 162 cals per 20 mins..I so feel like I burn much more! lol
  • towsongrad
    Options
    Oh wow I like that method too..I'm 5'3-5'4, 132 lbs and it says I burn about 162 cals per 20 mins..I so feel like I burn much more!
  • Sbehlmer
    Sbehlmer Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 3 Day 6, & I log it under "Circuit Training" for 20 minutes (this is minus the warm up & cool down periods)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You can log it as circuit training. If you cut out the time spent on warmup and cooldown it'll be pretty much on spot.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I log it as Cardio > Circuit training (general) for 20 minutes. 30DS is a really great workout ! Lvl 3 was my favorite !!! Good luck :)
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ugh, thank you so much, you guys! Your replies were all really helpful. I hate workout videos because they are usually really hard to log, but after seeing so many great before/after photos here, I thought getting really committed to it would be a great idea...Then I went to log the "trial run" I did today, and I felt like I had completely no idea of what I'd done!