when does the fatter me in the mirror go away?

Options
2»

Replies

• MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. For me it's because it's taken me 2 years to lose what I've lost and I still have at least 75 lbs to go.

My mind KNOWS that I am smaller and I have my life back--I'm able to be way more active and do things I couldn't do. But I look in the mirror and all I see is the rolls that havent' budged and the spots on my thighs I hate.

Even though I've made huge habit changes and huge exercise changes and they are a regular part of my life now--I still often feel the same way I did before I ever started.

It's frustrating! Hang in there and just keep doing what you know to do!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i see the old me too.. i think i'm beautiful, but i wonder when it'll all catch up.. will it take seeing a 1 in front of my weight?
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    it's a mental thing...I have a sorta opposite problem--I *feel* skinny, then I look in the mirror and see the fat girl :(

Hoping some day the girl in my mind, and the girl in the mirror are the same.

I have this problem sometimes. I feel super thin one day, and realize that I'm not when I look in the mirror. I feel a little sad when this happens. But then...I say to myself it's all just a matter of time until what I feel equals what I see. It will happen for you, too, I promise. Maybe don't look in the mirror other than when you're doing your make-up (if you wear make-up). Maybe after a while of not focusing on what you look like, your mind won't focus on it either. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try!

Best of luck! :)
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the replies. I think I will get on the computer later and try to do a side by side comparison... Logically I know I am changing, some days its just harder to see.

And a new outfit that actually fits me right would probably help too.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    we all have to work thru it I took about 15 picturess I could use to update my profile and deleted ALL of them because I found fault with something My mind knows when I shop I have gone from 3x 4x shirts to large or xl depending on make so I know my waist is 41 not 58 anymore so I know just cant figure out how to convince my eyes
  • cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My daughter took a photo of me the other day with my granddaughter. ( my new profile pic) When I looked at it I could not believe my eyes. I just kept saying Holy crap thats me! My eyes filled up with tears. It was the first time in years that I was truly happy with what I saw. It will happen when you least expect it. You have done amazing and your hard work is paying off. I hope you see yourself in a new light soon you deserve it. We are always so hard on ourselves. Believe me...when you least expect it. It will happen :))
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    it's a mental thing...I have a sorta opposite problem--I *feel* skinny, then I look in the mirror and see the fat girl :(

Hoping some day the girl in my mind, and the girl in the mirror are the same.
    Totally that is me!
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    What exercise have you chosen? Weight lifting transforms your appearance:)

I am working on that. Just finished the 30, well 27, day shred, and am starting No more Trouble Zones and C25K tomorrow. I can't afford a gym membership or free weights at home really. I am starting with 3 pound weights, then moving up to 5s, then 8s, etc.
    That's great...to just use what you have! Can't wait to hear about your progress:)