newly divorced looking for support to get back in shape

Options
Hey all.. I'm recently divorced. I'm 33 w 3 children. My profile pic is me now..
I cannot stand how I look. I'm about 140. I want to get to 110-120
I need to start feeling good about myself again. I just sit home and watch life
Time when I'm not working.

Tips/advice would be great.
I'm 5'4 btw. Currently wear size 4
Looking to be size 0 again.

I know some will be rolling their eyes, but its to each his own.
Its about feeling good. I felt better in my normal weight.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Cardio and diet make the biggest changes. I lift weights just for fun. I got sick of the cardio machines in the smelly gym, so I walk at a local park, and I bought a bike a week ago...a lot more fun than a machine...walking, biking, skating, etc are all much more fun than cardio machines in the gym.
  • RenitaDeShanne
    RenitaDeShanne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If u haven't been working out start out light by taking a stroll with the kids. Make a goal to increase your walking speed/ distance everyday. Before u know it you'll be 120lbs feeling good and looking awesome!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    A couple of things. Diet...and exercise.

It's important to find some kind of exercise that you enjoy, otherwise you may give up. I started with walking and only lifting weights with 4 exercises. I incorporated different lifts into my regime as I went along, plus started to run in intervals during my walk. Today, I run longer than I walk and some days, I just don't feel like running at all. So, I increase my walking speed and slope and walk about 45 minutes.

I wish you well. Take one day at a time. If you aren't making progress, I recommend seeing a dietician.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what size you are now, or where you want to be.. it matters that you want to be healthy. You can do this and you'll do very well. Just remember, if you lift weights, you'll be toning and refining the great body you already have including losing inches. It might be the right answer, depending on the look you are trying to achieve.

Good luck!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Working out is a great way to relieve stress. I don't know how old your kids are, but if you can get them to join you hiking or running around it will be good for all of you. Even if some of us have more to lose, it doesn't make your journey less significant. I can't imagine finding balance looking after myself while also seeing to the needs of three dependants. So if you would like a friend please friend me. I will be here for a while as I am the same height but am about to break under that 200 barrier. We can celebrate the large and the small victories along the way.
    Welcome.
  • EricV2
    EricV2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Joining a gym was really helpful to me. It gave me something to do besides thinking how drastic my life had changed since my seperation AND I lost a ton of weight! Im in the best shape ive been since I was twenty! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • tyroners
    tyroners Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi, cardio and diet working for me at the min, you can do it, loads of support on here, anyone add me if you wish. Best of luck with your goal.