Road Blocks

Options
I have tried to lose weight a million times before and never could do it. This time feels very different. My main issue was that losing weight wasn't a small lifestyle change. It had to be big and I had to see results, quickly. I would cut way back on calories, give up the "bad" foods, and be in the gym 6 days a week. This was always a quick change from being fairly unhealthy. I would generally lose some weight, but then I would slow down or freak out. It would be over and then if I was lucky I wouldn't gain it all back.

My other issue is the scale. I start seeing my next big number (ie. 210, 200, etc) and a huge road block would get in my way and I would be done losing.

I'm trying not to take myself to seriously this time around. Just exercise as much as I can without going overboard, cut calories where I can, and use this site to be honest about what I'm doing.

I was just wondering what used to get in other people's way and how you are overcoming that. I hear some of the things that people do on this site and think "Wow, that is a great idea!" and other people I think "Wow, if I tried that I would definitely stop losing!". Not that it doesn't work for other people, but it doesn't work for me! I guess we are all just very different when it comes to getting the right mentality for this journey.

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I have tried to lose weight a million times before and never could do it. This time feels very different. My main issue was that losing weight wasn't a small lifestyle change. It had to be big and I had to see results, quickly. I would cut way back on calories, give up the "bad" foods, and be in the gym 6 days a week. This was always a quick change from being fairly unhealthy. I would generally lose some weight, but then I would slow down or freak out. It would be over and then if I was lucky I wouldn't gain it all back.

My other issue is the scale. I start seeing my next big number (ie. 210, 200, etc) and a huge road block would get in my way and I would be done losing.

I'm trying not to take myself to seriously this time around. Just exercise as much as I can without going overboard, cut calories where I can, and use this site to be honest about what I'm doing.

I was just wondering what used to get in other people's way and how you are overcoming that. I hear some of the things that people do on this site and think "Wow, that is a great idea!" and other people I think "Wow, if I tried that I would definitely stop losing!". Not that it doesn't work for other people, but it doesn't work for me! I guess we are all just very different when it comes to getting the right mentality for this journey.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh DJ, I can relate.....

I have something that gets to me that I have only confided in my sister on and she said the same thing happens to her....its really silly but it has caused me to go off the wagon before....okay when someone really notices or I see people that I haven't seen in a while and they may say...wow! you lost weight....and its like something clicks in my twisted head...like...OK job is done...i can eat and slack again....:ohwell:

NOT this time....I think this time I'm in a whole different place w/ it, its more for health and living a longer life for my son, than losing a size or two....so I'm remaining true even if I get the occasional...wow you look good...not that I've had many...but if I do I'll be ready LOL...silly huh?

hugs!
    Ali