30-something seeking motivation

Options
:tongue:
Started making healthy changes in my lifestyle three weeks ago, hit a plateau, need some support! The kind I dont get at home lol

Replies

• Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I am kind of new to this as well, but I would say that you should try adding new and different things that apply to your new routine. It can keep you going and possibly help with the plateau. What types of changes are we talking about?
  • rigby813
    rigby813 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to be your MFP friend we can help encourage eachother and support one another the more support the better !!!!! I always say the more the merrier just knowing others are going through same things and sometimes you just need that "great job !!!! Keep up the great work !!!!" :smile:
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The scales didn't move for me for about 5 months, i kept on, and noticed changes, clothes fitting me and getting too big and people noticing it. Important to keep at it, push through it and know its the best thing for you.
  • rachaellee1979
    Options
    changes in diet and overall lifestyle, I think I need to add some more diversity into my workouts. Mostly running, I love running, I need to focus on more strength training
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. It takes time. I didn't lose in June until the last week (3 lbs for the month, a little disapointed). Feel free to add me for support. I eat pretty healthy too if you need inspiration. Good luck :)
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! Hitting a roadblock is so difficult and it's easy to throw in the towel and give up.... CHANGE IT UP! Instead of walking, run for 3 minutes then walk for two. Repeat for 30 minutes. Buy a new workout DVD, I LOVE THE BIGGEST LOSERS workouts! Right now I am doing the Insanity workout because I hit a mental block with the the BL workouts because I have done them for YEARS....

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help ya with! I'm here for you! k
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels "No More Trouble Zones" is an awesome strength training DVD :)
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am thirty something too....you can add me! Always looking for new friends :)
  • GINGINP
    GINGINP Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    Be encouraged , it can be very discouraging hitting a plateau. Make sure you are tracking everything that you are eating.
    Also just work your body a little harder try doing an extra 15 minutes into your work out routine and switch it up. What kind of fitness activity are you doing and how many hours a day?
  • GINGINP
    GINGINP Posts: 2
    Options
    i am interested in the INSANITY work out dvd. Has anyone gotten results yet? I have been doing the BIGGEST Losers dvd.
  • AnAnimalLuvr
    Options
    Please feel free to add me to your support group, as I am also in the same boat as you are. I started my journey on 5/11/12 with the nutritionist and lost 10 pounds in the first 4.5 weeks of trying. She was proud of me and most of all, I WAS PROUD OF MYSELF! Now, well, things changed. I want to change my life style and eating habits for both me and my 2.5 year old daughter. My doctor told me that I was neglecting her because I am "fat" and not taking care of myself, in his eyes and everyone elses that look at me. I started my journey strong and allowed the doctor and a stressful situation at work knock me off the wagon. I need help climbing back on the wagon! If you would not mind, we could try to support each other - and anyone else that might like to add and help build a large support group!! Good luck and keep your chin up! Keep in mind that you are doing this for YOU AND NO ONE ELSE! It is about time we all put ourself first - work can take the back seat!!!!