The Dukan Diet - Anyone doing it?

Options
I've been not losing for a few weeks now and want to try something new. Is anyone doing the Dukan diet? I was reading about it and it sounds like there is the possibility of a rapid start but it's also pretty restrictive. If you've done DUkan, tell me how it was for you. Thanks!

Replies

• avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am. I am even signed up for coaching. I am 2 days in, are you going to do it? Go to DukanDiet.com It gives you everything you need. *Good Luck!**
  • LadyBoo89
    LadyBoo89 Posts: 12
    Options
    I've just started the Dukan diet- I found my 'true weight' and the length I should be spending on each phase on the official website, but have found everything else I need by googling online rather than paying for coaching or books.

I'm now on day 2 and it's harder than I expected, not because I'm hungry but because I'm craving cookies, sweets, etc.

I only have a small amount to lose as I'm aiming for 8 stone, and went from 9 stone 2 yesterday morning to 8 stone 13.5 this morning. Not a huge difference but normally it takes me up to a month to lose one pound. It's too early to tell really but I can't see how I can NOT lose weight on this diet as I'm eating so much less than normall, and all 'proper' food.

One thing I will say, it's not a cheap diet! I tried to get cheaper things like crabsticks and eggs to keep me going and keep the cost down.
  • marshallexi
    marshallexi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    We have a Dukan group that you can join:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1487-dukan-diet

I'm on my third day of Cruise.
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    from webmd:
    Losing more than 1-2 pounds per week can promote gallstones and muscle loss, she says: "It is unhealthy to lose weight so quickly because you not only lose fat and fluids but precious muscle mass, which is really hard to replace, especially as you get older."
    Constipation, bad breath, dry mouth, and fatigue should be a red flag that this is not a healthy diet, she says.

*Why don't you just limit your carbs to 50-100/day and up your protein (meat fish eggs, nuts, almond butter) to 100/day. You can still have cheese, switch to almond milk, plain yogurt. You can still have a little fruit every day- berries are the best. and as many veggies as you want...
    Diets don't work. Changing your eating does. I hope you are exercising/lifting.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is so against the coaching but it was pretty cheap and every day I get information and optional meal plan. I get recipes and support.
    If you go online to DukanDiet.com it isn't as bad. With the coaching if you miss a food you tell them and they give you a recipe for a snack that will satisfy your craving. Go to the site!
    I am in the cruise phase now.
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I am newly on the Dukan Diet too... Just went and joined that other group that was suggested too! Would love to hear what others eat... I tend to migrate to the yogurt/cottage because i am not a huge meat eater...
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I know I'm tired today when I read the title of this post as Duncan and thought of Duncan Donut diet lol!!
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I also read that article on WebMD and did find it helpful. However, since I am not at risk for kidney problems, gout or gallstones, I am going to give it a try. If I experience any bad side effects I will re-evaluate, but my research tells me that for a generally healthy person with problems losing weight, this program can work. I am exercising - walking, yoga, tai chi and plan to add some resistance as soon as a home remodeling project is done and I have some space.
  • ginnyz1
    ginnyz1 Posts: 49
    Options
    Oh man... I know I'm tired today when I read the title of this post as Duncan and thought of Duncan Donut diet lol!!

I love donuts. I'm going to miss donuts. Sigh. Thanks for the giggle!!!!:laugh:
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Their website told me my true weight was 10 lbs more than my actual weight, so no. Although I'd love to put on 10 lbs of lean muscle.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've been on Dukan for 2 months now and LOVING it! I've almost lost 30 lbs with almost no exercise and I feel amazing! I've never been this thin before in my life and it feels like it happened practically overnight. I didn't do coaching or anything, just read about it online and followed the guidelines.

I love not counting calories and being able to eat as much as I want - HUGE advantage for someone like me. I think that's why I've never been able to lose weight in the past. I'm so happy to have finally found something that really works for me and would definitely recommend this diet to anyone who is really dedicated to losing weight.

Really hope you find success with it. My advice is to STICK WITH IT and don't cheat! Do this for about 2 weeks then the rate of weight loss should keep you motivated to stay on track after that!