Breakfast Recipes?

Options
Jenna2k
Jenna2k Posts: 4 Member
Anyone have any simple recipes for someone who is short on time and isn't really a "breakfast person"?

I'm looking for something that I can make a lot of and then just heat up quickly in the mornings (possibly even eat in my car on my way to work)
I tend to be picky when it comes to breakfast. I do like muffins but not every day and they're kinda high in the carb department....now that I think of it...pretty much everything I currently eat for breakfast is high in carbs!

Replies

• alainahageman
    Options
    frozen waffle toasted spread I tablespoon of peanut butter over the waffle then slice a banana on top.
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've actually heard you're suppose to have most of your carbs in the morning for energy. Lessen your carbs during the day since you'll need less energy as the day goes on.

But what I usually do for breakfast is make something with fruit. I LOVE peanut butter banana smoothies. It's about 330 calories, but will definitely keep you full until lunch. I use two tbsp of peanut butter, one banana, about 1/4 c. of milk (I use whole, if you use skim or 1%, it'll be less calories), and a handful of ice. I put it in the blender, blend, pour it in a cup, and go! Takes all of five minutes.

Another thing I do (and love!) is get some fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt (about a cup), throw some blueberries and sliced up strawberries in there, stir, and eat!

I don't have much time in the mornings, either, except for on the weekends, so these are my main quick breakfasts. Hope you enjoy!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I saw this posted a few days ago, and it sounds like it could fit what you're looking for. http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/2009/05/peanut-butter-baked-oatmeal.html
  • Kmnae
    Kmnae Posts: 3
    Options
    I make egg cups in muffin pan then put them in little bags in the fridge and just pop them in the micro for a few seconds to heat them up. Last ones I made had
    6eggs
    little bit of water
    diced onions
    1/2 ceddar cheese
    2 slices of bacon chopped up
    I beat the eggs and water to lighten it up sprinkled cheese and onion on bottom of muffin pan filled about half way with eggs then put a littel bacon on each one. put it in the oven about 15 minutes.
    only 68 calories per egg cup.
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    I make egg cups in muffin pan then put them in little bags in the fridge and just pop them in the micro for a few seconds to heat them up. Last ones I made had
    6eggs
    little bit of water
    diced onions
    1/2 ceddar cheese
    I beat the eggs and water to lighten it up sprinkled cheese and onion on bottom of muffin pan filled about half way with eggs then put a littel bacon on each one. put it in the oven about 15 minutes.

^this sounds so good, I think I'm going to have to try making them :)
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    6eggs
    little bit of water
    diced onions
    1/2 ceddar cheese

Me too! lol
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this one. I usually just do fried egg whites and prepare them ahead of time, but I really like this twist with the muffins.
  • Paiche
    Paiche Posts: 92
    Options
    -Cottage cheese (low fat but NOT fat free) w/ fruit
    -High fiber light english muffin w/ 1 TBS organic nut butter and 1/2 TBS honey w/ sliced fruit (nana or strawberry)
    -Greek yogurt with heated blueberries and honey
    -breakfast wrap (either eggs w/ veggies and salsa, or lunch meat w/ lettuce and tomato)
    -protein pancakes (oats ground up, egg whites and cottage cheese w/ splenda and berries on top)
    -trailmix with fruit and nuts
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    sounds good
  • Jenna2k
    Jenna2k Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AWESOME ideas! I'm gonna start trying some of these out! Thanks!!! :happy:
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I started getting sp bored of my breakfast too so i tried this and I made it last night and just warmed iy up this morning Was really yummy, you can add soem bacon / ham / fore protien:
    Clair Breakfast Quiche ( crustless)
    5 eggs (70cal x5) – (350 cal)
    200g plain yogurt low fat( 147 cal)
    150g raw spinach, finely chopped (35 cal)
    1 tsp. olive oil (62 cal)
    250g mushrooms finely chopped (55cal)
    1 leek finely chopped (20 cal)
    100g grated cheddar (398 cal)
    1 baby marrow grated (20cal)

• Chop all veggies fine and fry one for one in a non-stick pan with a little of the oil at a time
    • Whisk egg and yogurt together add a dash of milk/ water to thin it down
    • Layer veggies in oven proof dish, pour egg mixture over and make sure it goes through to the bottom I mix mine with a fork)

Bake in 180 ceclius oven for 20-40 min watch closely allow to stand for a few minutes before serving

Total Cal : 1087
    Per portion : 181 (Serves 6)
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I'm in need of a change for breakfast so thanks! to who ever started this post.

^^Also, It's late and I'm feeling pretty stupid-tired but what is a 'baby marrow'?
  • kevadafly
    kevadafly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Baby marrow is Zuchinni :) In South Africa its better known as baby marrow :)

Another thing i like to have 1 slice rye toast with marmalde and two boiled eggs!

Cereal doesnt last me long enough so i go for high protein breakfast.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge "breakfast foods" eater... so my breakfasts usually consist of:

(A) Chocolate / PB / Banana protein shake (1 cup almond milk, 1 tbs all natural PB, 1/2 banana, 1 scoop chocolate protein powder, ice)
    (B) Berry/Vanilla Protein Shake (1/2 cup mixed berries -I buy fresh and freeze them, 1 cup almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 3-6oz greek yogurt, ice)
    (C) High Protein Oatmeal (1/2 cup dry oats, 1 scoop protein powder- vanilla or chocolate)
    (D) Greek Yogurt (either Chobani or Fage) and 1/2 cup of berries
    (E) Double Fiber bread (or double fiber eng. muffin) with all natural PB.

And this morning, I even had turkey stuffed zuchinni that I prepped last night... ha!

High protein, high fiber, and some carbs in there... and I'm set!
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    6eggs
    little bit of water
    diced onions
    1/2 ceddar cheese

Me too! lol
    This is a great idea!!!
  • jwillie76
    jwillie76 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump