5'4" and a size 10

Options
If you are 5'3"-5'4" about how much did you weigh as a size 10? I have this dress...my inspiration dress that still has the tags on, and I'm wondering how far I have to go to get to wear it.

Replies

• teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" 180 pounds...I am in a size 12 right now, so I would guess that at 160-170 I will be able to fit in a 10. I also have a dress I bought at the beggining of my journey that is a size 10....it will be a happy day when I can wear it! Good luck!!
  • habakuktwofour
    habakuktwofour Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey I think it depends on your body type. I'm a pear shape so I carry my weight on my hips. I was around 147lbs and in a size ten in Gap pants. However I was running 3 miles a day so while I was still heavy for my height 5'4 but I had lost so many inches. When I first started losing I was a size 14 and 165 lbs in Gap and New York and company pants. Now I'm around 120 in a size 6 in Anne Taylor jeans and a size 8 in Gap jeans. It sucks for me because I carry my weight in my butt, hips, and thighs. Hope that helps.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" 180 pounds...I am in a size 12 right now, so I would guess that at 160-170 I will be able to fit in a 10. I also have a dress I bought at the beggining of my journey that is a size 10....it will be a happy day when I can wear it! Good luck!!

I would agree with this. I'm 5'4" and expect to be a size 10 probably at around 165.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I wore a 10 when I was about 140-150 or so (I'm 5'3", though). It all depends on your body type and how you like your clothes, though. I absolutely hate when my pants are too tight.
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm around 157 right now, and in a loose 10. I carry most of my weight in the middle.

For me, size 10 = 155-165 ish
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    This is me right now and I weigh 148.
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    At my lowest weight I was 138 and in a size 10, but I really think it varies from person to person. I didn't exercise much, so I didn't have much muscle weight.

By the way- I'm 5'3 1/2"
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body shape but I am just under 5'4" with chunky arms and legs and 9:12
    Hope this helps.
    Jules xx
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    my motivation pants are a size 12 SEVEN jeans I got when i had a house fire. they have no stretch or anything but I am DETERMINED to get in them! i can actually pull them to my thighs but thats it! SO these jeans are my motivation!
  • DorsetMCM
    DorsetMCM Posts: 5
    Options
    I weigh 145 and really struggle to get into size 10 jeans - but I do have one hell of a muffin top - more like a black forest gateaux top really........

:ohwell:

I shop at Wallis whenever I can as their clothes seem to be cut larger - bit of a cheat but makes you feel better.

:bigsmile:
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I started out at 151 lbs, 5'5 and was a size 10, im finally down to an 8!!!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'4 and weigh 167 pounds. I am wearing a size 11 jeans right now. Hopefully that gives you an idea? I think it depends on how your weight is distributed...I don't have a butt so that makes it easier for me.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and I was in a 10 at around 165. I can't wait to get back there!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". When I wore a size 10, I weighed around 145. I'm also pear-shaped and carry all my weight in my hips and butt, so it depends on your body composition. When I was 155, I wore a size 12!
  • bara_rei
    bara_rei Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and about 180 pounds right now. When I was about 160-165 I could comfortably fit into a 10. I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs though, so it depends on your body type. My goal right now is to get back down to 150-ish so I can fit into my size 9 and size 11 jeans again. I miss them lol.
  • OneBKDiva
    OneBKDiva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 .75 and I weigh 172 in a 10. My waist is the issue but my bottom is small. It depends on how you carry your weight.
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, weight about 173ish and i've been in a size 10 for a bit... i have a big butt and big thighs but my waist is pretty small... i was in a size 12 by about 180.. everyones body is so different!.. i know people at my weight in an 8 .. i also know people in a 14.. i have a good amount of muscle mass so maybe that's why i am able to pull it off?
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I wear a size 6-8...and I weigh 150.

Hope that helps...
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When I was a size 10 I weighed about 150lbs.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I'm a size UK12 at 146lb. Depends on your frame, whether you exercise etc. Tried on a pair of size 10 trousers today and they fit, but were tight on the thighs because I'm a cyclist and have big legs!