5'4" and a size 10

Options

Replies

• EvaChan83
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I wore an 8 or 10 depending on the dress at 155 I think.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must need to exercise more! I am 5'3.5", have lost 18 #, weigh 157 and am not even close to fitting into a size 10! I was feeling good that I am into 14's until I read this thread. :cry:

I hear ya. I was kind of thinking the same thing, but then I realized that I'm much more concerned about what I see in the mirror, rather than the number on the scale or the tag in my jeans. And right now, 5'4", 150 lbs., I wear a 12. Although my goal is 130 (not sure what size to expect at that weight), I do like how I look right now -- which is "average". My goal is to be thin, but healthy (not sickly). So, I don't think all these numbers really matter in the end. They're just a guide for myself so I can see that I am making progress when I may not yet be able to see progress in the mirror. I will not use the numbers to make a comparison to anyone elses numbers. Makes me feel like some kind of freak. :huh:

Hope this makes sense.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I would agree... when I'm 170 I'm usually a 10 ; ) and I can't wait to get there!!! WooHOO!!! (and of course agree it does depend on your body shape, etc) ; )
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I am 5'3, I weigh 147 pounds and wear a size 8-10. I don't carry weight in any particular spot and gain all over. 10s become too small around 155-160 pounds.
  • lsand
    lsand Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" , weigh 148 and wear size 10
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and for me to get back into my size 10 jeans from Express, I'll need to weigh about 145 pounds. I don't wear any jeans that show muffin top spilling over. I see women doing that a lot... has to be very uncomfortable.

^^^^ This^^^^

I am 149 pounds, 5'3.5" and a perfect 10 (lol).
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of you all. I'm 5' 2.5", 147 and in a size 12. Plus I'm pretty fit. I can fit in some 10's, but not many. Usually around 135 I wear a 10.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I'm 173, 5'4.5" and I'm wearing a size 12/14...but I also have pretty big hips :)

This is me!
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.75" and I was in a size 10 when I was 160 and higher. But, remember that everyone is different. I was a size 6 to 8 (depending on designer) all the way up to 155. I refused to buy size 10's when I would have fit them and lived in forgiving clothes (sweats, lycra filled fabric clothing. leggings and pullover dresses) till I fit back in my 8's. I am now in a size 2 - 4 and fluctuate between 129-133 in any given week/month.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Depends on ur shape. If u have wider hips then u might not b able as soon as someone w/ more narrow hips.
    Anyways, back when I was in high school & 5'4 I wore a size 10 dress & 8 in pants at 140 or so.
    I'm 5'4.75 now and was in a size 8 pants in the upper 140s when losing the weight. So I guess I was in a 10 when I was in the 150s? I'm not sure. I wore a lot of pants with stretchy waist bands, cuz I didn't wanna waste my money. So it all just depends. I was in a big 15 at 185lbs. I carry most of my weight in my belly, so nothin ever fits right in my hips cuz I have to watch out for muffin top.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a little taller, closer to 5'5", and was about a size ten earlier this summer at 160 lbs.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I used to be in a size 10 at 140. Now I think I would have get up to 150 maybe. Depends on how you carry your weight.
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Options
    It's interesting to read about people's different sizes and weights. At 5'3'', 135, I was a 4. Now, fifteen pounds heavier, I'm a 6. I think I must carry a lot of my weight in my legs and butt (muscle) and in my arms and boobs ( fat, unfortunately).
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", 170 lbs and a size 8 in pants......but I lift weights, so it all depends on your own body.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    67kg & I'm just in a size 10 now. 5'4" & that would put me at 147lbs
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Im 5 2'' and wearing a size 10 as I type- I weight 139 and have a 33 inch waist- they are a tiny bit lose but I wouldnt squeeze my butt in to an 8 just yet. I find it very hard to believe a 170# person of any height wears a 10 comfortably.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I take it you mean a US size 10.

Around 155 - 160lbs, and I'm 5'3.5"
  • AndreaGrace29
    AndreaGrace29 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm just over 5'3 and I was around 150 when I was a size 10 as well. I was all hips and thighs.
  • Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and half..right now I weigh 167 and depending on the brand I can wear a 12 or a loose 14... You read my mind cause I was thinking today..wouldn't it be great if I can get into a ten?! Now those size 12 or 14's are for jeans..when it comes to a dress..different story..I was shopping for a dress for a wedding and trying on 12 and 14 and couldn't zip past my upper back cause of the boobs'. I was so discouraged! Guess you have to be flat chested to fit in the smaller sizes!..so..I guess like most here say..it depends on your body type rather the # on the scale...
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and was a 10 around 160ish, I am currently 174 and a loose size 12.