First time in long while that I felt great in a bikini!

Options
aki7chien
aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
When I met my husband 7 years ago, I weighed 185 lbs at 5' 5". He loved me anyway.

I started MFP a few months ago at 135 and am down to 126 now. I don't have pics to show the difference because back then, for obvious reasons, I didn't like to have my pic taken. I still don't due to self-esteem issues as to why I don't have any new ones either.

Yesterday we got invited to a pool party and it was the first time in a long time that I didn't go in the shorts and baggy t-shirt and not swim. Had an awesome time and even got a little tan.

He's lost almost 40 lbs himself since we started here! MPF has changed our lives and we're thankful for it!

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! How exctiting for both you and your husband! Good for you! :)
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    YAY for you!!!!! So glad you're able to feel good about yourself! You guys have had great progress! :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    That is awesome :smile: I love seeing couples that are in it together, it's so amazing!
  • seamaiden1000
    seamaiden1000 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Even better that you BOTH have shared this journey of discovery toward better fitness. ALL good! :happy:
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!

We've been learning a lot along the way together. smiles
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! That's wonderful! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!