Salutations!

Options
Hi! My name is Rachel. Here are some things about me!

I currently weigh 280. I have been struggling with weight my entire life.

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome at 17 and have been on medication ever since.

I am a teacher, work ~50 hours/week and am in grad school for Educational Technology which takes up another ~20 hrs/week.

I have been married for seven months.

2010 was a huge fitness kick for me. I completed my first 5K *and* my first half-marathon. In 2011, I completed another half-marathon. Then, I got addicted to Zumba but had to quit after moving. I spent another six months trying to find an instructor that I really liked.

Last month I joined the local Gold's Gym and have been going 1-2 times a week, but would like to bump that up to 4 times a week.

My fitness goals for 2012 are to lose weight (obvs!) and participate in one organized fitness event per month. I blogged about that at: http://learnforalifetime.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/fitness-goals-2012/

Here's to a new community, and to many pounds lost with myfitnesspal!

Replies

• hugthefish
    hugthefish Posts: 33
    Options
    Nice to see you on here, Rachel. :) I'm super impressed with your half-marathons and other running adventures! That's really awesome!
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a teacher as well! I understand how hard it can be during the school year to fit in anything other than the daily grind.

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • mrspierson
    mrspierson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! Nice to have another person know about the daily grind of teaching! :)
  • mrspierson
    mrspierson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Amber! I'm hoping that I can eventually get back in shape so I can do a 5K, but actually RUN the whole thing this time. :)
  • nesi0606
    nesi0606 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Participating in a marathon is on my bucket list! lol I will be happy to walk but I would be super excited to be able to run it! And a big thank you to you and all the other teachers that dedicate their careers to teaching the future leaders of our country!!