need you girls advice

Options

Replies

• coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If he's someone you always liked too, just meet with him. If there is a connection address the girlfriend situation them. You're just talking about a date not about running off together that day. :wink:
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    He is dating someone else.....that says it all right there......as far as an intimate relationship goes.

If you guys want to talk and stay friends...no problem with that as long as the other person knows that you are communicating...

I am still in contact with both males/females from my high school years....my husband knows...my phone is open to him, my email is open to him, my computer stays logged on to all the sites i get on......

If someone has something to hide.....then it is wrong.....

Trust is the most important thing in a relationship. When he ends his relationship with the other person...then maybe you guys can pick up where you left off years ago.
    San :)
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You might want to change your phone number while you are running are just tell him what you are thinking and not to contact you again until he is SINGLE!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Ok I have this guy that I went to school with and was grade school sweethearts with that contacted me via facebook a few weeks ago and said he has never quit thinking about me and wondering what if.. And he wants to take me out.. Here is the problem he is dating someone else and I think that she thinks they are exclusive.. He text me everyday Monday through Friday but not ever on the weekends so I can tell they are together then.. Do I date him and and be thankful he was honest from the start or run for the hills??? I have been hurt in almost every serious relationship I have been in so I am very leary!! What would you guys do??

He is infatuated with a fantasy of you decades ago. You have both become different people in those decades. No more chance that you are more compatible with him now than with the next guy that you meet.

Would you go out with some other guy (who is in a relationship) that you just met?

Can you spell BOOTY CALL?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I have been hurt in almost every serious relationship I have been in
    Since this is the case, maybe you aren't accustomed to how a relationship is supposed to function. If he's going behind her back, it's not ok. Get involved with him and you will end up getting hurt once again.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    RUN the other direction. Any man that wants to date you but has 'another woman' is TROUBLE. If he's doing it to her, he'll do it to you. Love yourself more than that... :smile:
    ^^^^This!

Sounds like he wants someone waiting in the wings in case his current relationship doesn't work out. You are worth so much more than that!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Run!!!! You never want to be hidden or his second choice, which is what you would be. You deserve so much more than that. Life is to short to settle.

I agree.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    RUN
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    if you are sure that there is someone he is already seeing, take my grandmothers advice..."If they do it with you, they will do it TO you". If he ends that relationship prior to you, that is different, but asking you out while involved with someone else still leads me to a cheater....just say no girl. You deserve better!
  • amysuespears
    amysuespears Posts: 127
    Options
    My advice (from someone who has been in this situation): if he's not willing to give you 100%, then you are guaranteed to get hurt in some aspect. What if you start to really fall for him and want him all to yourself, but he's not willing to give up this other girl? What if this other girl finds out and gets hurt... can you live with being THAT GIRL who was part of the reason for another person's heartbreak?

When I was in this situation, I was totally in love with a man who had a live-in girlfriend... he kept saying he wasn't in love with his girlfriend but was in love with me and wanted to be with me.... long story short, it never happened. He had one excuse after another and, even though he claimed I was his top priority, he always put me on the back burner. That hurt... badly. I realized this and moved on.... I met my WONDERFUL husband who adores me and always puts me first. Now, he pines for me and says he wishes things could be different.... too little too late.

If a man can't give you 100% of his time, then he's not worth one second of yours. :)
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You already know the answer. If you thought his behavior was acceptable, then you wouldn't be asking if others thought it was okay. To paraphrase: darling, he's just not that into you. If he were, he'd drop the other gal and be beating down your door to see you. Don't waste your time waiting for him to find time to spend with you.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    When you say grade school...do you mean grade school (K-5th/6th?) or did you maybe mean grad school (graduate school)? I want to resist responding until I'm clear on the age we're talking about, lol. :happy:

LOL!

--P
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    He is showing you upfront that he is a cheater...why would you waste your time?
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Say to him...."Sure, let's meet for lunch. I'd love to meet your girlfriend and catch up!" If he agrees to meet up with you with his girlfriend in tow you'll be fine. If he hem haws around and doesn't want you to meet her.....RUN!
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Put urself in her shoes....
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Depends...are you okay with being the "other woman"??

^this and also, you said should I be thankful he was honest from the start...aren't you unsure if they're exclusive or not? I wouldn't call that being honest...just my opinion!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Run for the hills.
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    Run. Karma. Karma. Karma.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he wants to test the waters with you before deciding if it's worth leaving her...

Must be nice to have such options up there on his pedestal.

See how I just totally judged a situation there??? Oh yeah... I did. YAY INTERWEBS! :drinker:
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i think a good rule of thumb is "if he will do it FOR you, then he will do it TO you." so if hes willing to go behind some girls back and hide things for you then hed be okay with doing it to you also. if you are okay with that, then go for it. if not, then id say back off or make him make a choice first.