Down from a size 18/20 to a size 8 in 6 months!!!!

Options

Replies

• nadiawilder
    nadiawilder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Omigoodness! We are twins! We have lost the exact same amount of weight and are the exact same size! :) Congrats on your progress!! :)
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. CONGRATS. Keep up the hard work.
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats! An inspiration indeed! :happy:
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • blackdiva60
    blackdiva60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! You are truly motivated !:smile:
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I am 5'4 and started at 217 the 3rd weekend of May. I p[lateaued HARD after 3 weeks and have just finally broken into Onederland. The think I have noticed is the significiant changes in my physique. While I have only lost 17 lbs, I have dropped 2 sizes, went from a 38DD to a 34C, lost 3" from waist, 3.5 from hips, and 2" from my thighs. I am taking a low carb apporach so don't watch calories so much. I also try to keep some of the cholesterol down by choosing some vegetarian meat substitutions from Morningstar.
    I was noticing you mention having trouble with losing the mid section and that your workouts aren't much inclusive of weight lifting... might I suggest changing it up some and adding in some light weights to work those areas you want to tone? It has worked wonders for me and only takes a few extra minutes....
  • kapspecial
    kapspecial Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's pretty great! It's also motivating. Thanks for sharing!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • ColaSoBless
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    Thats great!!! Keep up the awesome work!!
  • nesi0606
    nesi0606 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love success stories!! Keep up the great work!! :smile:
  • Jamie0529
    Jamie0529 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You must be tall! Cause I'm I've only gone from an 18 to 16 can tightly fit in 14's. Wish I could do that!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress thus far!!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!!! I need your motivation!
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I love seeing posts like this:smile: Great job! You are such an inspiration:drinker:
  • anunley1
    anunley1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We are right around the same! I started MFP last June at 216 and am now 175! I actually got down to 155 in December but have put back on 20 lbs! :( That's ok - I'm back on it and am trying to focus on how far I've come and not how far I have left to go or how close I was and let it go!! Good luck and great progress so far!!:happy:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    This is GREAT!

I thin when I am able to get into a size 8 I will faint clean away :)
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You must be pretty tall. I started at 212.6 & I am 165 right now, went from a size 18/20 down to a 10 but I am only 5'2...It is totally an amazing feeling. I still have about 29 lbs to go and then I am going to reassess my goals but I also haven't been pushing myself as hard, I have been so lazy. I know what to do, I just got to do it!

Congrats to you!

Actually I'm only 5' 3". :smile:
  • lauras777
    Options
    Omigoodness! We are twins! We have lost the exact same amount of weight and are the exact same size! :) Congrats on your progress!! :)

We must be doing something right then!! :happy:
  • lauras777
    Options
    Congratulations!
    I am 5'4 and started at 217 the 3rd weekend of May. I p[lateaued HARD after 3 weeks and have just finally broken into Onederland. The think I have noticed is the significiant changes in my physique. While I have only lost 17 lbs, I have dropped 2 sizes, went from a 38DD to a 34C, lost 3" from waist, 3.5 from hips, and 2" from my thighs. I am taking a low carb apporach so don't watch calories so much. I also try to keep some of the cholesterol down by choosing some vegetarian meat substitutions from Morningstar.
    I was noticing you mention having trouble with losing the mid section and that your workouts aren't much inclusive of weight lifting... might I suggest changing it up some and adding in some light weights to work those areas you want to tone? It has worked wonders for me and only takes a few extra minutes....

Congrats on Onederland!!! Yes, I need to start doing some weights to tone up for sure!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!