• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    If you get some more and they are a bit smaller, I really like this recipe:

http://wifeasaurus.blogspot.com/2012/06/zucchini-boats.html
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Spray some Pam Butter in the bottom of a dish, slice the zuc, sprinkle pepper and seasoning and bake for 20 min. You can also add shredded parmesan cheese. Its my fav way to eat it !
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I cut the zucchini up in half moons, and add some yellow squash to the mixture, then I spray the whole thing with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder on them. Then I either saute them in a pan until they're soft, or I pop them in the oven for about 10 mins on broil. Zucchini and squash are amazing and good for you. Hope this helps!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com- Chicken Rollatini with Zucchini and Mozzarella. To.Die.For.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My mom just made us a zucchini gratin last night that was really tasty and super easy:

Slice the zucchini into thin rounds and layer them in a small casserole dish, top with a layer of grape tomatoes cut into halves or quarters, drizzle a little olive oil on top, sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese, and some salt and pepper if you like.

She just covered it with plastic wrap and threw it in the microwave and it was great, but I bet it would be better if you cooked it in the oven so the cheese could brown a little.
  • sarahannepriestley
    Options
    Very simple, but I like to strip them with a veggie peeler to make ribbons, quick dunk in boiling water and lots of seasoning - lean and delicious! :D
  • sarahannepriestley
    Options
    **that should say CLEAN and delicious!!
  • angienbecker
    angienbecker Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just cut a zucchini in half lengthwise and trim a little off the bottom so it sit still in a baking dish*** Scoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoon*** Brush the surface with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper*** Arrange halved grape tomatoes into the grooves, sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes*** Remove and place diced fontina or mozzarella in between the tomatoes, place them back in, but now under the broiler til golden and bubbling***Remove and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkling of grated parmesan. You will love this as a side dish!
  • amy_letsgo
    amy_letsgo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    The"big" zucchini are fine for stir fry and sautee etc...just cut the seeds out. They work fine.
    I made zucchini "chips" this weekend. Slice the zuke super thin..place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spray the paper lightly with cooking spray. place the zuke slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. Mix up your favorite spices and sprinkle over the zukes that have been sprayed lightly with cooking oil.

I used garlic salt, basil, oregano, and onion powde on mine. You can use anything...just use a little less then you would think because they will shrink as they bake and you don't want the seasoning to be too strong.

The directions said to bake them at 225 degrees for 45 min...then rotate pan and bake another 30 min...I found this didn't work well. I think the temp needed to be a bit higher...like 275 degree. Watch them and when they start to look a bit golden brown take them out and let them cool a few minutes! Super yummy.
    Also, cut it in long spears and grill it! It works better on the grill if it is cut into spears!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Check out my recipe board on Pinterest- I have some great recipes...like zuke chips, zuchini bites, etc.

http://pinterest.com/melismusing/delish/
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I brush a little olive oil, with salt and pepper, than I make a combo of wheat bread crumbs and parm cheese and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Super yummy, just like fried zuccinni with a lot less fat and calories!!

I have also sauted onion, spinach, and zuccinni with egg for a yummy veggie scramble.

AGREED with the first recipe idea! That's my favorite way to eat it!
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eat sliced raw zucchini all the time as a snack. Sometimes for variety I will sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb or Lemon Pepper.
  • rhenneberry
    Options
    Zucchini and Pinapple
    Slice Zucchini into half moon sized pieces
    1 can Dole crhushed pinapple (8oz can)
    Pam cooking spray

Place ingredients into large frying pan and cook on medium/low until tender.
    Serve with pork or chicken. Yummie!

or I like to add raw Zucchini in with my salads and wraps.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/stuffed-zucchini-and-red-bell-peppers-recipe/index.html

This is great. You can leave out anything you don't like or add anything you do.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump

when we move, I plan to have a veggie garden (even tho zucchini has seeds, so isn't a "veggie"), so I will probably be eating a lot of zucchini! these sound GREAT
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I made skinnytaste's Cream of Zucchini Soup tonight and it was delicious! I used 4 tablespoons of full fat sour cream and bouillon granules instead of 2 tablespoons of reduced fat sour cream and fat free chicken stock because that's what I had on hand.

I'll definitely be making it again. And it was only 162 calories for a huge mug of soup (a little over two cups) even with the extra full fat sour cream but if you follow her recipe it's only 65 calories for a one cup serving.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/cream-of-zucchini-soup-1-ww-point.html

I've also made the Baked Zucchini Sticks. They were a little too fiddly getting the cheese and bread crumbs to stick for me to want to make them again--but they were good!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts.html