Looking for fellow stay-at-home moms

Options
Hello!

My name is Jenni, I'm 26, married, and we have 2 awesome kids! Our son is 4 and our daughter is 9 months. I have always been overweight, but 2 pregnancies really did me in and I have found myself at almost 300lbs. As a stay-at-home mom, I find myself with 2 major challenges- being around the kitchen/food all day, and not making time to go to the gym. I hope to "meet" other mamas to hear how you beat those feats!

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jenni! I'm a stay-at-home mom also. My boys are 6 & 4-years-old.
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi, I'm a stay at mom too! My son is 4. I understand how pregnancy effects the body I gained 80 pounds with my son, and was already heavy to begin with. I understand how hard being near a kitchen is all day and I didn't want to spend money going to the gym. What I've done that has helped me was just going outside and starting to walk with my son everyday. It gets me away from the kitchen and gives me exercise too! I also do some workout dvds throughout the week whenever I have time. I have lost 80 pounds before I joined MFP but now I just trying to lose the extra weight I put on before I got pregnant. Just stick with your goal and you will see results!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a stay at home mum too. I have four children 2,7,8 and 13. Feel free to add me.
  • third_time_lucky
    third_time_lucky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hi, i am a stay at home mum, i have to amazing little men 2 and 5, but i also have to try and fit working in too (i draw portraits of little ones for a living) so i really struggle
    with finding the time to go gym etc.
    i have major issues with eating the tasty things i "buy for my boys and will not touch"

feel free to add me if any one wants to, always looking for support and friends :)
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm a stay-at-home mom as well of two boys. 7 and 4. it's definately a challenge. feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenni, nice to meet you :smile: I'm a stay at home mom too, I have a 4 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. I also started out close to 300 pounds. Yes, exercising and eating right is a challenge for us moms, I understand that. But somehow we need to find a way to get and stay healthy! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • 8kidsmom
    8kidsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom as well, I have 8 children, 7 still at home. I understand what you mean, I am always fixing food for my family, and a nibble here and a nibble there have not helped my waist line at all. My children range in ages 2-13, and one 20 year old. I don't know how I gained weight chasing kids around all day, that should not happen! LOL
  • kimberly702
    kimberly702 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here Jenni! I'm 27 and a stay at home mom of 3, ages 6,5 and 3. I actually gained most of my weight when I started staying home with them almost 4 years ago... 80 lbs! :-/ No bueno! But it's been pretty neat seeing my kids catch on and loving healthy foods and exercise! Feel free to add me! :)
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    HI I'm a SAHM too, with an almost 2 year old. There is no way I could go to a gym either since I dont have childcare here and the gyms here dont offer them. I did 30DS and lots of walking and still do. It's a struggle cooking for little ones and not eating the same foods, but you can do it. I find it helps more if I focus on eating cleaner and try to get in at least 30min of exercise 5x a week.
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    hiya, im a single stay at home mum with 3 daughters, 4,5 and 12 and 1 who has a disability, friend request sent ;o)
  • gixychick
    gixychick Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Im at stay at home mum, 3 kids grown upped and gone and twin boys aged 8 at home. Im new too and also looking for freinds,feel free to add me :)
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hi stay at home moms, I'm not one:-( would love to be, even though i know yawl prolly work a lot harder than i do. My daughter is 11, i'm just a single mom. I was just eavesdropping because the topic was first at the top. I find tht the hardest thing for me on weekends when i am home is to stay out of the kitchen eating when i get a little bored or something. The home workout dvds are great, i don't have much free time myself as i'm sure you ladies don't either so you have to fit it in when you can and be very particular about snacking and eating. Might i suggest a solution, Schedule a time for you to workout just one hour a day when you know you will be able to everyday and do your workout whether it be going to the gym, going outside for a walk or pushing play for a workout dvd. thanks for letting me eavesdrop look forward to doing it more :-)
  • tennillewade
    tennillewade Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    HI I'm a SAHM too, with an almost 2 year old. There is no way I could go to a gym either since I dont have childcare here and the gyms here dont offer them. I did 30DS and lots of walking and still do. It's a struggle cooking for little ones and not eating the same foods, but you can do it. I find it helps more if I focus on eating cleaner and try to get in at least 30min of exercise 5x a week.

No YMCA Near you?
  • angelndskies44
    angelndskies44 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a SAHM to two boys 7 and 5. I gained a large bit of my weight staying home with them as well.
    I joined curves 7 weeks ago and I go every morning at 6am while the family is still asleep. I talk them to the park and walk while they play. I also walk on the treadmill at night.
    As far as the food, I make myself lots of healthy snacks like hummus and raw veggies to eat while I'm cooking their food. I also drink a glass of water as soon as I walk into the kitchen. It helps me to feel full and I'm not tempted to eat their food. Surprisingly, my sons are now becoming more interested in eating my food.
    It is tough, but we SAHM's are strong and can do it together. ADD me if you like!!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm a single stay at home mom of a 10 year old daughter
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM with a 17yo, 8yo, and 6yo. Also have over 100 lb to lose. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Kandy0202
    Kandy0202 Posts: 32
    Options
    feel free to add me i also am stay at home mom
  • Denisse3
    Denisse3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm am also a stay at home mom! I have a two year old son and a seven month old baby girl. I also have more than 100lbs to lose! Anyone on here is free to add me!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    hi stay at home moms, I'm not one:-( would love to be, even though i know yawl prolly work a lot harder than i do. My daughter is 11, i'm just a single mom. I was just eavesdropping because the topic was first at the top. I find tht the hardest thing for me on weekends when i am home is to stay out of the kitchen eating when i get a little bored or something. The home workout dvds are great, i don't have much free time myself as i'm sure you ladies don't either so you have to fit it in when you can and be very particular about snacking and eating. Might i suggest a solution, Schedule a time for you to workout just one hour a day when you know you will be able to everyday and do your workout whether it be going to the gym, going outside for a walk or pushing play for a workout dvd. thanks for letting me eavesdrop look forward to doing it more :-)

What do you mean you're "JUST a single mom"??? There is no way that I work harder than you, lol. I have the privilege of taking care of the kids and house while my husband goes out and busts his hump all day to support us. You have to do it all! You're amazing. I really admire single moms. Don't downplay yourself :smile: I agree that scheduling a time to workout is important. Great tip! I have an appointment with myself every morning while everyone is still sleeping. If I put it off til later in the day, I know I won't do it because other things will distract me!
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am new here and also a SAHM. I have a 10 year old son and a 20 month old daughter. I find staying out of the kitchen and her snacks very difficult. I always clean off her plate when she doesn't eat it all. I just got the fitbit and it is challenging me to if nothing else climb the stairs and walk each day. I also need as much support as I can get. Good Luck on your journey!