Rings are officially falling off my fingers

Options
Combination of weight loss and the cold (I think my fingers shrink in the cold). I really don't want to spend the money to have them sized yet (and it really bugs me that THEY keep the gold and charge to size! :grumble: ) because I'm still losing, so does anyone have any suggestions? I'm one step away from taping them and instead moved my wedding & engagement rings to my middle finger (does that mean I'm not married right now?? :laugh: ) I've heard of spacers, but wonder if anyone has seen any of these in Canada and where I'd go for them.

Replies

• squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm from Alberta, but I've never heard of spacers. When I was pregnant I wore my wedding rings on a chain around my neck. They are clearly visible for all to see and recognizable as weeding rings.
  • squitzwife
    squitzwife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    lol! Wedding rings.... not weeding rings.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have that same exact problem, but haven't found a solution. Congrats on the weight loss! Hopefully someone has an answer :flowerforyou:
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I had that problem when I started losing weight too. You can get spacers at a jewelry store, I got mine at a store called claire's which is an accessory store, as for knowing where to find one where you are at you could try some jewelry stores in the area. They work great!
  • Charrisse
    Options
    Good question! I just noticed mine were lose yesterday, the stones swinging around to the palm side of my hand. Annoying - but Ill take it! LOL
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem with my wedding ring. My wife put a small piece of clear plastic hose around it as a temporary fix. It actually worked well, but got gummed up with soap one day and disappeared. (the hose not the ring thank God!)I'm reluctant to get it resized until I've reached the weight I want to get to.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you can't find the spacers, you could always do what I used to do with my high-school boyfriend's class ring. I used embroidery floss and wrapped it around the bottom to tighten the space, then sealed the end with a dab of clear nail polish to keep it from unraveling. You could then add more floss as your fingers continue to slim down, and it's easy to remove with scissors when you do decide to get them officially re-sized.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, some great suggestions! I know Claire's (it seems more for tweens so I don't shop there), but I'll have a look. I'm not very crafty, so I don't know if could fashion anything suitable. Plus I go to the bathroom 20 times a day because of all the water and all that hand washing would destroy most home remedies (and I have this thing about pulling apart strings, so it wouldn't last!). I thought about the chain, but I really like to look down and see the rings on my fingers (although they're bugging me on my middle finger!)
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    When I was pregnant recently my fingers became swollen (very very common during a normal pregnancy) so I purchased another ring, a fake one, that I like the style of and wore that LOL. When my swelling went away post partum i just used my real one :). You could find some really decent looking knock offs on amazon, which is where I purchased mine. And then just get your rings sized whenever you reach your absolute goal weight.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem with my wedding ring. My wife put a small piece of clear plastic hose around it as a temporary fix. It actually worked well, but got gummed up with soap one day and disappeared. (the hose not the ring thank God!)I'm reluctant to get it re-sized until I've reached the weight I want to get to.

My Husband (that's him above) and I had our rings designed and made bespoke and they are engraved inside, it will be very difficult and expensive to have them re-sized if it is possible. They are palladium which is almost as hard a platinum which makes it difficult as well. The druid goldsmith who made them for us is no longer on the Internet as far as I can see and so we might not even be able to contact him. BOO and BOO.

I am still glad that we have lost the weight, but our rings are totally precious and we put them on each other in front of the alter and that means too much to lose.
  • snailbeach
    snailbeach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I'm sure people are still having this problem.... I know I am! I've looked quite afew places & the are called ring spacers or ring snuggies. Try ebay, just found some good deals. Here's to all you out there still loosing weight & needing ring snuggies!! :)